Home

MLB 14 The Show Review (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Review (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2014, 02:12 PM   #17
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 14 The Show Review (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
Hard to say from a still, but it looks like the runner's foot is resting on the fielder's glove from that angle.
It's happen to me a few times. I just chopped it up to ump missing call like a number do in real life...(I'm looking at you CB Bucknor and Angel Hernandez, perhaps two of the worst umpires ever...but I digress)..
Old 05-12-2014, 02:26 PM   #18
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3
The game is amazing to me. Anyone complaining about unbearable load times is just plain lazy IMO. It takes 1 minute to load the game. Get up and get a glass of water, use the restroom, etc. Do something. Yes there are some issues with stadium seating lighting and a few animations, but overall this is the best baseball simulation to date IMO. I have full confidence that Ramone and his team will fix any glaring issues. He is always active and addresses any problems. They are the best in the business. He doesn't hide from it like some companies here...Looking at you EA and 2k.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:30 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
It's happen to me a few times. I just chopped it up to ump missing call like a number do in real life...(I'm looking at you CB Bucknor and Angel Hernandez, perhaps two of the worst umpires ever...but I digress)..
That's what I originally felt as well. However, if you steal as often as possible, you'll see it happens way too frequently. I don't think stealing every chance you get is realistic, but just to test how often this would occur resulted in it happening a lot more often than it should be.

And changing it to that "perfect calls only" option doesn't change it either. Still happens a ton.

I just don't understand how this is all of a sudden an issue when before I rarely saw it happen.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:32 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyj622
The game is amazing to me. Anyone complaining about unbearable load times is just plain lazy IMO. It takes 1 minute to load the game. Get up and get a glass of water, use the restroom, etc. Do something. Yes there are some issues with stadium seating lighting and a few animations, but overall this is the best baseball simulation to date IMO. I have full confidence that Ramone and his team will fix any glaring issues. He is always active and addresses any problems. They are the best in the business. He doesn't hide from it like some companies here...Looking at you EA and 2k.
I don't think the load times are too bad when you're playing a full 9 inning game with quick count or not, but when you're doing a CP RTTS, it's almost unbearable.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #21
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSBX
That's what I originally felt as well. However, if you steal as often as possible, you'll see it happens way too frequently. I don't think stealing every chance you get is realistic, but just to test how often this would occur resulted in it happening a lot more often than it should be.

And changing it to that "perfect calls only" option doesn't change it either. Still happens a ton.

I just don't understand how this is all of a sudden an issue when before I rarely saw it happen.
This doesn't directly fix the your problem, but you're going to get called out a lot less if you dive headfirst to the right of the bag.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2014, 02:35 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Balm
This doesn't directly fix the your problem, but you're going to get called out a lot less if you dive headfirst to the right of the bag.
I try to always slide head first and away from where the tag will come, but for some reason the game sometimes insists on going feet first. Is this a setting I'm missing to turn off sliding assist? I don't think I saw one, but I may have missed it.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:37 PM   #23
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSBX
I try to always slide head first and away from where the tag will come, but for some reason the game sometimes insists on going feet first. Is this a setting I'm missing to turn off sliding assist? I don't think I saw one, but I may have missed it.
You have two options for slides, assist and on. Assist is the better of the two as ON, the CPU will decide all slides and with assist you can decide the slide unless you're late with it and the CPU will decide it.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
You have two options for slides, assist and on. Assist is the better of the two as ON, the CPU will decide all slides and with assist you can decide the slide unless you're late with it and the CPU will decide it.
I play the game every year. I can't believe I never noticed that option. It's weird they don't have an "off" option.

Thanks for the heads up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »