Home

WWE 2K15 A 'Fiscal 2015' Title, Could Be Moved to a WrestleMania Release?

This is a discussion on WWE 2K15 A 'Fiscal 2015' Title, Could Be Moved to a WrestleMania Release? within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 04:55 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
WWE 2K15 A 'Fiscal 2015' Title, Could Be Moved to a WrestleMania Release?

In Take Two's recent earnings report -- which was a record year for the company -- a small nugget was hidden inside with WWE 2K15 being mentioned as a fiscal year 2015 release with no further information given on the title. This is especially vague since the game is typically a Fall release title. The reason for this vagueness is that the company may have another release window in mind.

With WrestleMania scheduled for March 29, 2015 -- and with the fiscal year ending on March 31, 2015 next year -- its not impossible that WWE 2K could be pushed back to an early Spring or Winter release to coincide with the company's WrestleMania push.

It does make sense to push the game back a bit to give Visual Concepts and Yukes some time to develop the next-gen product -- but we'll know soon enough what is actually the case with the game's release date.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2014, 05:05 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
I actually think it is a good thing if true. This hopefully will give us a lot less glitches plus i'm tired of wwe games releasing October/November (I know Christmas rush) I prefer it be released around Wreslemania season or WWE Moves WrestleMania to December Like WCW' Starrcade and I don't see that happening lol
Old 05-13-2014, 05:10 PM   #3
Rookie

mcmax3000's Arena

OVR: 2
I think it would definitely be a smart idea. Would give them extra time to work on it, especially given that they're doing four versions this year, and there's a lot more interest in WWE in the January - March time frame.

I think releasing it after Wrestlemania would be a dumb idea though. Late February is probably best.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:31 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: WWE 2K15 A 'Fiscal 2015' Title, Could Be Moved to a WrestleMania Release?

Between this supposed delay (which I'd be cool with) and my extreme disappointment with today's news about the XBOX One, I'm probably gonna end up booting up WWE 2K14 and getting back into that.

It definitely has to release the Tuesday before Wrestlemania at the latest, however.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:52 PM   #5

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

I wouldn't mind game being pushed back abit if it means it'll be much better. Only problem might be though that the game could be real out of date almost instantly, because I'm sure everyone knows how many superstars debut right after WM season(look at this year alone,we already had Paige,Rose,Dallas and I'm sure some other NXT people coming up in the summer), so hopefully it doesn't lead to game being out of date by then.

I skipped 2K14 but if there's no 2K14 until like March or something...I might have to pick up 2K14 one day,especially since I'm sure there's people who'll prob sell it for like $20 or so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2014, 08:56 PM   #6
Rookie

victorkingchamp's Arena

OVR: 3
2K can have all the time they need. The gameplay needs a major overhaul. It's just not fun anymore. I'm saying this as a dedicated fan of the series.

Hopefully 2K's design team will make some big changes to the PS4/Xbone version. Sidenote: how will they do custom theme music on the PS4?
Old 05-13-2014, 09:04 PM   #7
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

If they wait till next Mania to release 2K15, I'd hope they at least would give us some DLC (even if we have to pay) this fall to tide us over but I highly doubt it. I'd even be happy if 2K14 was ported to the PS4/X1 for this Fall to tide us over till 2K15 next yr.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:18 AM   #8
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3
This could be a good thing. Id rather them actually take the extra time to develop a better engine for the next gen systems so we get a much better product than what THQ/Yukes had given us for years on the last generation of consoles.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »