Home

Kinect-less Xbox One to Sell for $399

This is a discussion on Kinect-less Xbox One to Sell for $399 within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2014, 08:36 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I thought the Kinect was tied to a lot of Xbox One features? Seems strange they would remove it, but guess they have to play catch-up with Sony's PS4.
Yeah, this is why I have no interest in the console. They built the entire console around having a Kinect, requiring a Kinect, every console is sold with one, and within a year of launch they've removed that requirement.

It just screams "We either don't know or don't care what people want", a refrain that fits more than a few "features" announced during XB1 development...
Old 05-13-2014, 10:34 PM   #18
Rookie

Scribe1980's Arena

OVR: 5
Location: The oldest minor league hockey town in North America
Chickens home to roost. No sympathy.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:21 PM   #19
Rookie

I got my xb1 the day of launch, I actually wanted the linear for me and my family to play. My ps4 collects dust seeing that the only game I would get for it is infamous second son. Xbox live will always be superior to the psn
Old 05-14-2014, 09:38 AM   #20
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6
Not interested until the Hard Drive is either bigger, or upgradeable.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:27 PM   #21
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
I continue to refuse purchasing a next-gen console until I have a non-EA football option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2014, 01:35 PM   #22
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I hope to get both PS4 and Xbone eventually, but this certainly tempts me to jump on to a Xbone more than it had. I'll probably still end up getting a PS4 first but this makes it a tad more compelling.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:33 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2
The Kinect is awesome. Too many people are dismissing it as a motion device. I have never waved my arms at it or used any motion activity at all but it is still amazing and I am sad they are backtracking. When you have a family of gamers it is pretty fantastic to be signed in to your profile the second you fire it up without doing anything. As a busy dad it is also great to not search for a remote and to simply tell it to turn on and be watching espn with a couple words instead of fumbling around.

I understand why they did this based on the lack of consumer adoption at this price point but it is a great entertainment device. I love what it brought to the table and the potential it held for the future as a media hub was off the charts.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:29 PM   #24
Banned

Now just one more price cut than it will be worth the wait.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »