Home

How NHL 15 Will Capture the Look and Feel of Hockey with NBC Sports Broadcast Package

This is a discussion on How NHL 15 Will Capture the Look and Feel of Hockey with NBC Sports Broadcast Package within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2014, 03:56 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
How NHL 15 Will Capture the Look and Feel of Hockey with NBC Sports Broadcast Package

SportsBusinessDaily's Alex Silverman, gives a few more details on how EA Sports and NHL 15 will capture the look and feel of hockey on TV with the new NBC Sports broadcast package.

All of it sounds great, let's hope they can deliver. Read the article and let us know what you think.
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2014, 08:36 PM   #2
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 15 Makes Most Of NBC Partnership To Create TV Feel For Videogame

Good read

With the level of access EA got to NBC's broadcast operation they have no excuses now if they don't exceed everyone's expectations on the presentation front.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:56 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visualizer
Good read

With the level of access EA got to NBC's broadcast operation they have no excuses now if they don't exceed everyone's expectations on the presentation front.
Exactly this. Playing up this partnership as much as they are, the presentation on the whole better be stellar.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:12 PM   #4
ERA
MVP

ERA's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm really looking forward to this. I've always been a presentation geek and NBA Live is the only game that can fulfill my needs in that department. If anyone could execute this properly, it's EA.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

Chelsea FC
Old 05-16-2014, 10:38 PM   #5
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: How NHL 15 Will Capture the Look and Feel of Hockey with NBC Sports Broadcast Pac

Presentation is only a part of a successful sport video game. Gameplay is another important part.... if EA would deliver another mediocre gameplay, where all players and team play alike...only difference is the uniform, the whole thing will collapse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2014, 10:49 PM   #6
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24
No the whole thing wouldn't collapse at all, it would actually be the building blocks for a game to make the conversion to Gen 4.

People routinely fail to see how this is going to be a year yo year process.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:33 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: How NHL 15 Will Capture the Look and Feel of Hockey with NBC Sports Broadcast Pac

I'm officially hyped. I skipped this years version since there was no next gen game. CAN'T WAIT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2014, 11:52 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
Presentation is only a part of a successful sport video game. Gameplay is another important part.... if EA would deliver another mediocre gameplay, where all players and team play alike...only difference is the uniform, the whole thing will collapse.
While I completely agree in the sense that players and teams should actually play like their real life counterparts, and here's to hoping the vast memory improvement going forward here on NG helps that, I don't find the game play currently to be as terrible as some like to claim it is.

Keep in mind I play GM Mode exclusively, and after years of playing GM mode I still don't get the complaints regarding comeback logic and the like.
Really my biggest complaint is lack of neutral zone pressure, but again I wonder if that had to do with memory limitations on AI run routines, or if they really went all out with neutral zone pressure and AI pressure, if people wouldn't just state that as a AI cheat.

At any rate EA certainly has a lot to prove on the presentation front given how much that factor alone is being hyped. I for one hope every arena looks like their real life counterparts, and they don't have all the dead air between periods like the past gen. I want commentary and high light packages, I want Doc and Oilslick to break down in between periods etc.

If they can deliver on those fronts of presentation, I'll be impressed and give credit where it's due.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »