Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Patch 1.13 Available Now For 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Patch 1.13 Available Now For 360 & PS3 within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2014, 05:53 PM   #9
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Patch 1.13 Available Now For 360 & PS3

Oh yeah the J-league is also in the 7oy file and he found some workaround to get 20 instead of the default 18 teams in the rest of Europe. So you get two additional club teams to use.

I just had the most fun soccer video game I have ever played using that option file and the 1.13 pes patch.

Stuttgart (me) v. Dortmund (CPU). I set them up as home. They were pressing early and I saw them using some of the cooperative play tactics. So very cool watching those unfold in the zones they trigger from. Like watching nba plays happen. They were hammering at me down route 1 with player overloads and I wasn't getting much done possession or field position wise so I decided to just hunker down and play counter attack football. They hit the post once early on and then later executed a beautifully set up field switch and as I rolled over to defend that area an incisive ball was played into the box, controlled down but hopping and the CPU volleyed it over my goal. Keeper started yelling at anyone who would look at him.

I had a few forays into their half and on one of the last of the 1st half I won a corner. Didn't make much of it and the half ends.

2nd half is more of the same but Dortmund throttled back and were being more patient with their attack. Not super familiar with Stuttgart so I checked how everyone was doing and saw I had good energy on the left flank. I set up two cooperative plays down that flank and waited. I pressed Dortmund out of my zone a bit and got their mf to turn it over near the midway line. Here we go! I took the won ball over into my first zone and ran the play and got a defender to bite on the overlap run. Carried the ball through to the second zone where I had a run go behind me and down the flank. With that defender out of shape the trap was sprung. I fed the ball down the wing and I could tell I had Dortmund on the back foot. They figured out what I was doing and frantically shifted toward the wing so I decided to surprise them with an early cross. Whipped one in from about 28m out and caught the keeper flat footed. It came right into no mans land and he hesitated then tried to make a play on it. He burst out from his 6 line but played it wrong and only got a hand on it to knock it forward. I collected it with my Fwd and hit a shot to close to the keeper. From the prone position he was able to get a foot on it but couldn't apply any power so he just stopped it.

The ball sat their spinning and he tried to gather himself up to get it but my fwd swept in and lashed it into the back of the net.

I don't think I have ever felt what the CPU was doing to me, set a trap, and executed it like this is in a video game before.

I hope this honeymoon I am having with this game never ends.

Last edited by BL8001; 05-17-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:50 PM   #10
Rookie

7oys file is awesome. After the patches and the OF, iI agree with you, the game is where it should have been on release. Check out some of the sound files from chuckbass, they really add even more to the game
Old 05-17-2014, 11:38 PM   #11
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Thanks zen, I was actually in the nascent stages of thinking about audio. I was looking in the game and seeing how it works and you just gave me the perfect next step.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2014, 08:21 PM   #12
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenPancakes
7oys file is awesome. After the patches and the OF, iI agree with you, the game is where it should have been on release. Check out some of the sound files from chuckbass, they really add even more to the game
Do you have a link for the chants? I can't seem to find them.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:07 AM   #13
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Just google chuckbass pes 13 chants.

I did have a dl issue when trying this. I was able to grab the first prem zip but when trying to grab the second or any other league files it gave me dl errors. Looks like I was somehow restricted to 1 dl per 24 hours.

I am just having a great time with pes 14. I love how you can do exhibitions but with tourney atmosphere. Played several matches under the Europa cup trappings.

Coming from fifa here is my single most favorite thing about pes 14. The CPU will shoot on my goal, close in, long range, early crosses, standard wing deliveries, dribble runs, etc. The CPU attack is very varied but not unfair.
Playing fifa my experience has been if I slip up and allow the CPU to shoot they will score. So in that game I spend most of the time on D focusing solely on not allowing a CPU shot.
In pes they shoot but they miss, hit the post, my keeper makes saves or parries it away, it just feels so balanced.
So a stat line in fifa looks like this - shots me 13 on target 12 goals 2 CPU shots 0 on target 0 goals 0
A stat line in pes looks like this - shots me 6 on target 4 goals 1 CPU shots 8 on target 5 goals 0

It's so wonderful to allow the CPU to shoot knowing it doesn't equal goal. It completely changes the way I play D and makes the matches feel so balanced.

Also whoever at konami thought of combined play deserves a raise. Knowing what 3-4 of your players intend to do once you activate the play is so fantastic. Like other things in the game, the play works but doesn't always equal success.

Really digging this game. Just wish I had panathinaikos in my option file.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:42 PM   #14
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

I was able to get the chant packs and didn't run into any issues, only a few had me refresh the page to restart the download. Funny though I remember using some of his chants back on PES 2012 I believe as I found some packs on my external hard drive. Any who, I have been tweaking some stats and accessories/boots for some of the teams but I really have to stop. Doing that can really take some time away from you know... actually playing a match haha.

Last edited by RoyceDa59; 05-19-2014 at 10:45 PM.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:03 PM   #15
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Data pack 6 hit and reports are it messes up the option file (like previous data packs have done)

Paul put out an update for his ps3 file but 7oy hasn't posted anything about updating his yet.

Just as info for anyone thinking of dl'ing the 6 pack
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »