Home

EA Sports UFC Gameplay Video - Jose Aldo vs. Anthony Pettis

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Gameplay Video - Jose Aldo vs. Anthony Pettis within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2014, 10:25 AM   #9
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14
I'm pretty impressed with it. Not the biggest UFC fan, but I might give this a try.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:31 AM   #10
Pro

rkocjay's Arena

OVR: 0
yea may give it a try want to see reviews first
Old 05-20-2014, 10:31 AM   #11
Rookie

chrisphil1724's Arena

OVR: 13
From a gameplay point of view, it seems a step to quick however it could be a different story when we are playing the game. Just looks a bit concerning when the fighters are snapping around because they seem to be moving faster than any human can move.

I felt THQ nailed the presentation of the UFC however EA has not quite reached that same bar. I listed a couple things I noticed; however I also know this is EA's first UFC game... and I'm nitpicking...big-time.

- Announcing is very choppy and much of the play-by-play lacks energy; Bruce Buffer is also choppy and inconsistent from line to line

- This is little but a part of the UFC presentation, the ref is introduced after the fighters

- Jose Aldo is shot from a telescoped camera and not in-ring during his introduction
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2014, 10:36 AM   #12
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: EA Sports UFC Gameplay Video - Jose Aldo vs. Anthony Pettis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Looks good. I feel like it would look even better if whoever was playing wasn't trying haymakers the whole time.
Agreed. The game certainly looks fun. Whether it's arcade or not, it's hard to tell from this video. I'd love how a user vs. AI fight plays out where the user is primarily a counter-striker. Hopefully, this is just the start of a flood of gameplay videos over the next week or two.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-20-2014, 10:58 AM   #13
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisphil1724
From a gameplay point of view, it seems a step to quick however it could be a different story when we are playing the game. Just looks a bit concerning when the fighters are snapping around because they seem to be moving faster than any human can move.

I felt THQ nailed the presentation of the UFC however EA has not quite reached that same bar. I listed a couple things I noticed; however I also know this is EA's first UFC game... and I'm nitpicking...big-time.

- Announcing is very choppy and much of the play-by-play lacks energy; Bruce Buffer is also choppy and inconsistent from line to line

- This is little but a part of the UFC presentation, the ref is introduced after the fighters

- Jose Aldo is shot from a telescoped camera and not in-ring during his introduction
Not during the main event/title fights. EA actually got this part right.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:21 AM   #14
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I know a lot of people were saying that the game movements looked sluggish/choppy in some of the other videos, but I'm not seeing that at all. It looks smoother than the last game did for sure.

I'm loving the audio of the strikes in this video. Sounds very realistic.

This video did nothing to dissuade me from purchasing the game. Looking forward to seeing more with different weight classes and user fighting styles to form even more impressions.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 05-20-2014 at 11:37 AM.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:25 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 0
I'm going to say WOW, some of you dudes nitpicking are ridiculous. Choppy movements? this had the most fluid movement of any sim style fighter I have ever seen and I was an elite fight night player. By far the best graphics I have seen displayed in any game. The intro, though I won't watch many, was unbelievable, the background is great (ring card girls walking around, judges, corner men). These are lighter weight world class fighters and guess what, they actually do move that fast. Now realistically they would not throw that much because they would burn out early. Hopefully that is represented in the game, but they were showing off a single round and probably wanted to pack it with action.

The stand up looked better then the ground game understandably as this is the fight night crew making the game. The foot planting and movement looked nice while a lot of defensive tools were shown i.e. the movement, standard blocking, parry system, and a head sway. The strikes looked quite authentic, Aldo was throwing a lot of crazy kicks out there but I can see how to exploit that tactic easily just from watching.

On the ground it did look like the transitions were quite quick getting back up to standing which is not authentic but will probably keep the game moving. However I am a boxing guy first and MMA second so this would favor my style and makes my opinion on this matter a bit biased.

All and all, I am VERY IMPRESSED. Hope the exploits are minimal and it plays as good as it looks. Can't wait for the demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2014, 11:31 AM   #16
Rookie

chrisphil1724's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Not during the main event/title fights. EA actually got this part right.
Thanks for the correction!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »