Home

MLB 14 The Show: Which Pitching/Hitting Control Interface is the Most Realistic?

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: Which Pitching/Hitting Control Interface is the Most Realistic? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2014, 05:01 PM   #9
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show: Which Pitching/Hitting Control Interface is the Most Realistic?

I really enjoy Pulse Pitching, it's like a perfect blend of challenge, skill and accuracy.

Batting? Hell, someone recommend something. Apparently I suck at all of them.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:15 PM   #10
Rookie

The problem with the batting right now is that is not instinctive enough. button press doesn't feel responsive enough and causes me to always be late on balls while forcing you to pull analog stick back before swinging makes it too complicated. Also having one stick for swing and another for placement again makes it too complicated and not intuitive enough. They should just use right analog to stimulate swing (ie left to swing to left side, up to swing high low to swing low and right to swing to right side) the moment you introduce
Old 05-20-2014, 05:19 PM   #11
Rookie

to much thinking while trying to recognize pitch makes it hitting too hard (at least for me) without sliding pitch speed all the way to the left. For pitching i use Pulse bc meter makes pitching too easy for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2014, 05:20 PM   #12
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: MLB 14 The Show: Which Pitching/Hitting Control Interface is the Most Realistic?

I'm a novice to the game, but I have tested out every mechanic so far, and IMO, I think analog hitting feels the most natural to me. Analog plus zone is probably where it's at as far as realism because of the the sight representation, but I'm still trying to get my coordination down so I'm sticking with analog so far. It's a beautiful feeling when I do square one up properly.

When I did play baseball as a kid, it was a game of timing and rhythm, and getting all your levers in sync -- especially when it came to hitting. And I don't think there's any other mechanic can represent the rhythm than the physical act of pulling back and pushing the stick forward with proper timing.

As far as pitching, I'm analog too, although I don't feel quite as bullish as far as it being the most realistic. But I just never took to pulse pitching and the classic controls just make me feel like a bystander. With analog I can control the release point, etc.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:22 PM   #13
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

It depends on what kind of realism you're looking for. If you want real stats, then it's probably Classic pitching and Timing hitting.

If you want realism like you're actually playing in real life, it's probably Analog pitching and Analog + Zone hitting.

Watch me play video games
Old 05-20-2014, 05:29 PM   #14
Rookie

I use the Zone Plus Analog for hitting and Pulse for pitching.

Zone plus Analog gives you all of the control over hitting.

Pulse pitching is the perfect blend of challenge and skill.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:29 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2
Zone Analog all the way. It is the most realistic way to play the game and not nearly as complicated as expected when I started playing this way. As I play a RTTS batter for 90 percent of my time I am no expert with pitching modes. But of all the modes I like pulse pitching the most.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2014, 05:48 PM   #16
Pro

jtott's Arena

OVR: 4
Tming on hitting and classic on the pitching... I dont like to use the controller t swing through the zone... I suck at it . Timing just feels the most comfortable ... pulse pitching isnt bad.. classic just feels "classic" t me as well. I dont likethe meter... too much stuff on the screen. I want the game to LOOK as real as possibe as I'm playing it... which is why I play using the Broadcast cameras

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »