Home

EA Sports UFC Hands-On Impressions, Interviews and Videos From Around the Web

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Hands-On Impressions, Interviews and Videos From Around the Web within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2014, 03:26 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Sports UFC Hands-On Impressions, Interviews and Videos From Around the Web

Here are a bunch of EA Sports UFC hands-on impressions, interviews and videos from various sites around the web. If you find more, post them and we will update the post.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2014, 06:39 PM   #2
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: EA Sports UFC Hands-On Impressions, Interviews and Videos From Around the Web

polygon was a good read and touched on very important points:

"What I did notice throughout was a sensible use of momentum from punch to kick to movement that, in the long run, required me to think strategically about my strike combinations. If I threw an unreasonable number of strikes in other MMA games, they would step in to artificially reduce their effectiveness according to a stamina rating. In EA Sports UFC, the game's natural animation of moving from, say a roundhouse kick to a body blow from the opposite hand, if you're panicking and keying in those strikes, reduces the effectiveness of such a combination on its own."

That combined with an approval of the 3 stages of fighting (standup, clinch and ground)
Old 05-21-2014, 12:33 AM   #3
Banned

Jdoug312's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: EA Sports UFC Hands-On Impressions, Interviews and Videos From Around the Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
polygon was a good read and touched on very important points:

"What I did notice throughout was a sensible use of momentum from punch to kick to movement that, in the long run, required me to think strategically about my strike combinations. If I threw an unreasonable number of strikes in other MMA games, they would step in to artificially reduce their effectiveness according to a stamina rating. In EA Sports UFC, the game's natural animation of moving from, say a roundhouse kick to a body blow from the opposite hand, if you're panicking and keying in those strikes, reduces the effectiveness of such a combination on its own."

That combined with an approval of the 3 stages of fighting (standup, clinch and ground)
That just sounds like a positive way of saying, "throw as much as you want, stamina won't limit you" to me. Yikes.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:56 AM   #4
Rookie

jaredsmith83's Arena

OVR: 0
From reading the Polygon article, it seems like they've managed to take the best of both worlds as far as the controls go and mesh them together. I'm still a bit concerned with the ground game. It was entirely too easy to transition into a mount in the EA MMA game and what I was reading about the ground game has me worried that it is going to be like that. I'm definitely curious about the submission defense though, it seems like it will give a decent challenge. I still think that it is better than shining/mashing to escape. Hopefully this turns out as good as its sounding. I'm more excited now after reading some of these articles.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:59 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoug312
That just sounds like a positive way of saying, "throw as much as you want, stamina won't limit you" to me. Yikes.
Not from how I'm interpreting it. It is basically saying that the natural flow of momentum would mean a round house kick then opposite hand body blow would deal less damage and carry you into a unfavorable position due to the momentum. I have no idea where you got that stamina won't matter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2014, 10:29 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Poor Benson Henderson.

He only kicked off the fence once, and now he gets kicked ad nauseam through these trailers.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:37 PM   #7
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Not from how I'm interpreting it. It is basically saying that the natural flow of momentum would mean a round house kick then opposite hand body blow would deal less damage and carry you into a unfavorable position due to the momentum. I have no idea where you got that stamina won't matter.
My same thoughts. The momentum and physics are more natural and realistic instead of allowing the user to throw any combination of kicks and punches effectively. I'm sure that stamina is still taken account for. This is the same team behind fight night so i trust they have an understanding of how stamina effects fighters and fights.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:18 PM   #8
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
My same thoughts. The momentum and physics are more natural and realistic instead of allowing the user to throw any combination of kicks and punches effectively. I'm sure that stamina is still taken account for. This is the same team behind fight night so i trust they have an understanding of how stamina effects fighters and fights.
My one worry is that according to how they programmed fight night champion, they don't understand countering. According to fight night, you could only be countered off a miss or parried punch. Sticking a hard jab or cross into the face of someone attempting a wild haymaker before it landed did not register as a counter. The early counter of beating someone to the punch and landing while thier momentum is moving foward is one of the most devistating and potentially fight ending shots you can land. Also stamina was still a little too forgiving in fight night champion. Not as bad as default mode on UFC 3, but still too frogiving.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »