Home

EA Sports FIFA World Launches, Free-to-Play PC Game

This is a discussion on EA Sports FIFA World Launches, Free-to-Play PC Game within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2014, 05:06 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
EA Sports FIFA World Launches, Free-to-Play PC Game

EA announced today that EA Sports FIFA World, a new free-to-play game for PC, is entering a Global Open Beta supporting nine languages.

Created by EA Canada, EA Sports FIFA World is designed to be easy to pick up and play for all fans. Featuring the award-winning EA SPORTS FIFA HD console gameplay, FIFA Ultimate Team, and a host of new features, the game delivers a fun and immersive football experience that is synonymous with the FIFA franchise.

“By bringing the FIFA franchise to the PC platform as a free-to-play game, we give millions of new fans their chance to experience the authentic FIFA experience, with award-winning gameplay and licensed leagues,” said Producer Alex Grimbley. “At the same time, existing FIFA fans now have a new way to enjoy the game they already love, with fresh daily content and the ability to play on almost any PC.”

With over 16,000 players and 600 clubs from over 30 officially licensed leagues, fans have access to their favorite footballers as they compete in both online and single player modes. Now EA SPORTS FIFA World is available in English, German, French, Russian, Spanish, Mexican Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Polish and Turkish.

“After four Closed Beta sessions and a limited Open Beta, where we saw over 1.5 million fans register to play, we’re very excited to now open the game to football fans from all over the world,” said Producer Alex Grimbley. “This is a great opportunity for fans to influence the development of our new game, and the feedback we’ve gotten so far has been absolutely instrumental in shaping our features and services.”

To complement Seasons, a game mode that allows fans to compete for promotion through 10 divisions, a number of new features have been added through the Limited Open Beta. Accomplishments is designed specifically for FIFA World to reward fans for completing dynamic tasks, based on scenarios from the real world football. In Tournaments, fans challenge AI-controlled clubs and National Teams to progress through a bracket on their way to lifting the cup and earning rewards. Match Invites give fans an opportunity to challenge their friends online for the ultimate bragging rights.

The Social Hub is the center of FIFA World where fans can share, like and comment on game content with their friends. With new content such as Featured Tournaments and Limited Time Accomplishments updated throughout each week, and a real time Transfer Market where fans can manage their in-game items, FIFA World is truly a live game. Built to be enjoyed on average spec laptop computer or desktop personal computers, fans with a broadband internet connection can now play a fun, free, and authentic football game.

Fans can start building their clubs in EA SPORTS FIFA World for free* by registering here.

Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2014, 05:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
I don't understand where EA is going with this. FIFA was already on PC, the exact same game that's in the consoles. I tried this World, and it's a washed out version of the full game.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:28 AM   #3
Pro

EmmdotFrisk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: EA Sports FIFA World Launches, Free-to-Play PC Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmontoro
I don't understand where EA is going with this. FIFA was already on PC, the exact same game that's in the consoles. I tried this World, and it's a washed out version of the full game.
Free to Play.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:23 AM   #4
Rookie

It's just another way to push FUT, can't stand FUT.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:27 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk
Free to Play.
A crappy free to play. It's a washed out version of the demo but with some online capabilities. And it's a potential deal breaker for the full game on the PC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2014, 10:27 AM   #6
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

I've been playing for maybe 8-10 hours of it in the past few days. From what I gather the HUT implementation is similar to FIFA 13 and the gameplay is dated around that or even earlier games for the most part. I haven't played a lot of FIFA in recent years so I don't really have a good comparison. The game to me feels like a FIFA game though, and is enjoyable to play against online opponents.

The monetization I've found is extremely fair and I haven't felt I had any reason or even felt any push towards buying anything so far. I have a record around 30 wins, 15 ties and 5 losses and haven't played a lot of soccer games in recent memory so not participating in the microtransactions hasn't prevented me from having a successful start. Sure, some teams have star players but the difference between good gold players and expensive stars isn't so big you can't beat it with better tactics and decision making.

As per usual the trick to playing ultimate team without investing any real money is only buying packs when you need to get more contracts and fitness recovery cards. Bulk of your earned coins should be spent buying cheap gold players from the market and later on when you have a full gold roster some better ones. Opening expensive packs is a gamble and I wouldn't recommend it when starting out.

Downsides I've found so far include problems with the menu system. You can't navigate the menu effectively with a controller but have to use the mouse and sometimes the menus break, no buttons seem to do anything and you have to restart the game (never happens during matches though). The length of the games is a bit short in my taste as well, which has made my defensive style of play a bit too good in my taste. I'm playing in 4-4-1-1 formation with just one striker and my tactic is that after I score a goal I start playing ultra-defensively, using as much time as I can and not giving the opponent any chance to come back. Games often do end 1-0 or even 0-0 if I don't find an opening for my solo striker.

Oh and a tip that may save you frustration if you decide to download the game. Always check that the connection to your opponent is 3 green bars, otherwise there's a big chance that the game will be laggy, almost unplayable.

I enjoy it, and I would recommend it to anyone remotely interested in building your own soccer team. If you already have FIFA 14 however you own a superior version of this game (from what I've heard) and should play that instead.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:24 PM   #7
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmontoro
It is but it's secretly more expensive because it leaches your money slowly since it's freemium instead of taking 60 bucks and stopping there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »