Home

Sports Daily: Who Should Cleveland Pick?

This is a discussion on Sports Daily: Who Should Cleveland Pick? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2014, 03:14 AM   #9
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Sports Daily: Who Should Cleveland Pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
With the whole Bennett thing I think they'll go with Parker since he's the safest bet IMO.
Make that Anthony Bennett pick look even stupider by picking a player of the same ilk? Hmmm, sounds like a Cavaliers type move so they'll probably do it. LMAO

But in all seriousness, they need either a small forward or a center that they can develop and can become a part of their (growing) core. I'd go with Embiid and trade Anderson Varejao to a western conference team immediately. If Bennett is given playing time and a long enough leash I think he can be a (stronger) small forward like a Carmelo Anthony, Jamal Mashburn, Glenn Robinson and Clifford Robinson.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 05-22-2014, 04:26 AM   #10
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12

The reason I said Parker is because I don't think Bennett can survive playing Small Forward consistently. I see him as more of a stretch four, a la Paul Millsap. I think they're going to have to choose between him and Thompson regardless of who they draft.

And you really can't lose picking Jabari; he's going to contribute right away.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:16 AM   #11
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6
I'd like my Cavs to take Embiid, if there isn't a serious problem with his back. It's hard to pass up on a big man like that. To be completely honest though, I'll be happy with any of the top 3 (Wiggins, Embiid, or Parker) on the roster.

The front office has got some tough decisions to make with the draft and the FA's on the team as well. Hopefully they can put it all together and we can have a good year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2014, 09:00 AM   #12
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

It's Embiid and everyone else, IMO. Ever the people who don't really like him as a prospect still think he's a more mobile Roy Hibbert. He's one of the best two way center prospects to come out in a long time. His offensive game is rapidly improving, with good footwork and incredible balance and jumper that is really developing well.

On defense, he's got really good quickness laterally and has incredible anticipation and shot blocking ability. He's not the defensive stud that Drummond was when he was coming out, but he's got that elite level defensive ability.

Unless his back issue becomes a Noel like hindrance, he should be the #1 pick by a mile, IMO.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:11 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
It's Embiid and everyone else, IMO. Ever the people who don't really like him as a prospect still think he's a more mobile Roy Hibbert. He's one of the best two way center prospects to come out in a long time. His offensive game is rapidly improving, with good footwork and incredible balance and jumper that is really developing well.

On defense, he's got really good quickness laterally and has incredible anticipation and shot blocking ability. He's not the defensive stud that Drummond was when he was coming out, but he's got that elite level defensive ability.

Unless his back issue becomes a Noel like hindrance, he should be the #1 pick by a mile, IMO.
I do like Embiid, but I can't help but get Oden/Durant flashbacks
Old 05-22-2014, 01:23 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1
I would go with Wiggins. Embiid is tempting but the injury issues would scare me. It can be hard for someone in that frame to have a long career as is. Most importantly though, they're going to have to really take the temperature of all the top 3 prospects and decide who they think would enjoy playing in Cleveland their entire career and not bolt for greener pastures in 4 years. Either way, I think Lebron should take a hard look at going back there. Wade is getting old and breaking down. Bosh is a shell of his former self. There's not one other player in Miami that really matters.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:24 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bungle 34
I would go with Wiggins. Embiid is tempting but the injury issues would scare me. It can be hard for someone in that frame to have a long career as is. Most importantly though, they're going to have to really take the temperature of all the top 3 prospects and decide who they think would enjoy playing in Cleveland their entire career and not bolt for greener pastures in 4 years. Either way, I think Lebron should take a hard look at going back there. Wade is getting old and breaking down. Bosh is a shell of his former self. There's not one other player in Miami that really matters.
PS: if they trade that pick for Kevin Love they are fools.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2014, 02:11 PM   #16
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2
As a closet Pistons fan, I hope they trade down with Philly who has picks #3 and 10. This way they could still get one of Wiggins, Embiid, or Parker AND they could get another top tier college player @ #10... im thinking Gary Harris may still be there or maybe trade that down and snag Adriean Payne and a future pick.

But this is real life so they will probably draft Parker and pray he's "the prince"

Last edited by jmaj315; 05-22-2014 at 02:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »