Home

Madden NFL 15 Cover Vote Advances to Round 3 with Sherman, Cam, Luck and Kaepernick

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Cover Vote Advances to Round 3 with Sherman, Cam, Luck and Kaepernick within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2014, 01:29 PM   #9
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 15 Cover Vote Advances to Round 3 with Sherman, Cam, Luck and Kaeperni

Sherman got this. Good money.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-23-2014, 01:39 PM   #10
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15 Cover Vote Advances to Round 3 with Sherman, Cam, Luck and Kaeperni

I'd prefer Cam, and while I voted against him to be a contrarian it'll be Sherman, most popular player in the NFL at the moment... so that's where the votes will go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
I don't care about the cover vote. But, I'd like to see John Madden on one last cover. It would've been nice to have had him on the cover of Madden 25, what with the 25th Anniversary concept and all.
Screen Shot 2014-05-23 at 10.37.56 AM.png

Last edited by mestevo; 05-23-2014 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:04 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
I don't care about the cover vote. But, I'd like to see John Madden on one last cover. It would've been nice to have had him on the cover of Madden 25, what with the 25th Anniversary concept and all.
That's what I thought they were gonna do. The dude is 78. At least give him one more for the road, y'know?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2014, 03:33 PM   #12
Rookie

DKHardee's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
That's what I thought they were gonna do. The dude is 78. At least give him one more for the road, y'know?
If the road was to come to an end... Would it still be called "Madden"?
Old 05-25-2014, 06:49 AM   #13
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

One I don't want Cam to be on the cover of Madden. And yes I sort of believe in the curse. 2 Let either Kaep or Sherman have the cover. Sherman more the anything. Hope Sherman enjoys his year in the NFL. Maybe!! (Madden Curse) But at the end of the day I could careless about the cover vote. I care only see how decent Madden 15 might be and hope it will be this coming year.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:26 PM   #14
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKHardee
Anybody but Sherman. I'm a Niner fan so there's the obvious reason I don't want Sherman on the cover. Then when it comes to Kaepernick, I'm just not sure he's worthy. Running skills are second to none but he is far from an all around QB. To me Luck is... Boring. I'd have to go with Cam Newton as my pick.

- I wish Bowman or Willis was available
One thing I don't get about Kaepernick critics. They just make assumptions. Who had better PASSING numbers this year, Kap or Newton?

Passer rating:

Kap: 91.6

Newton: 88.8

Conclusion: Kaepernick is a bit better game manager.

Yards per Attempt:

Kap: 7.7

Newton: 7.1

Conclusion: Kaepernick is more dangerous through the air on a per pass basis.

Touchdown percentage:

Kap: 5.0

Newton: 5.1

Conclusion: Newton is slightly more likely to throw a touchdown per pass.

Interception percentage:

Kap: 1.9

Newton: 2.7

Conclusion: Kaepernick is far better at protecting the ball in the air.

Adjusted Net Yards Per Attempt:

Kap: 6.65

Newton: 5.69

Conclusion: Kaepernick is unquestionably a more dangerous passer on a per pass basis.

Total Pass Attemps (~ and this is why you think so poorly of Kap in comparison to Newton, although you don't realize it).

Kap: 416

Newton: 473

Conclusion: Newton isn't on the team who threw the ball fewer than any other team, unlike Kaepernick.

When I look at these statistics, I see that Kaepernick not only is more careful with his passes, but he is also asked to do more DOWN THE FIELD (look at yards per attempt, which is extremely high, among the top ten).

Basically, the numbers indicate that Kaepernick is actually more of a complete passer than Newton. But the public perception does not. You can go with public perception, I'll go with observable reality.

As for all this talk about "one read," it is over blown. The fact is the 49ers have several passes where the pre-snap line up determines where the ball is supposed to go, and on the plays that they don't and Kaepernick sticks with one receiver, it isn't because he can't go through progressions. It's because he's too greedy and tries to make the big play all the time. He tries to do too much, and needs to take a lesson from Steve Young and let the players around him win the game.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 05-25-2014 at 11:28 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:23 PM   #15
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
One thing I don't get about Kaepernick critics. They just make assumptions. Who had better PASSING numbers this year, Kap or Newton?

Passer rating:

Kap: 91.6

Newton: 88.8

Conclusion: Kaepernick is a bit better game manager.

Yards per Attempt:

Kap: 7.7

Newton: 7.1

Conclusion: Kaepernick is more dangerous through the air on a per pass basis.

Touchdown percentage:

Kap: 5.0

Newton: 5.1

Conclusion: Newton is slightly more likely to throw a touchdown per pass.

Interception percentage:

Kap: 1.9

Newton: 2.7

Conclusion: Kaepernick is far better at protecting the ball in the air.

Adjusted Net Yards Per Attempt:

Kap: 6.65

Newton: 5.69

Conclusion: Kaepernick is unquestionably a more dangerous passer on a per pass basis.

Total Pass Attemps (~ and this is why you think so poorly of Kap in comparison to Newton, although you don't realize it).

Kap: 416

Newton: 473

Conclusion: Newton isn't on the team who threw the ball fewer than any other team, unlike Kaepernick.

When I look at these statistics, I see that Kaepernick not only is more careful with his passes, but he is also asked to do more DOWN THE FIELD (look at yards per attempt, which is extremely high, among the top ten).

Basically, the numbers indicate that Kaepernick is actually more of a complete passer than Newton. But the public perception does not. You can go with public perception, I'll go with observable reality.

As for all this talk about "one read," it is over blown. The fact is the 49ers have several passes where the pre-snap line up determines where the ball is supposed to go, and on the plays that they don't and Kaepernick sticks with one receiver, it isn't because he can't go through progressions. It's because he's too greedy and tries to make the big play all the time. He tries to do too much, and needs to take a lesson from Steve Young and let the players around him win the game.
Neither one is in the top 10 in any passing category. I don't know that either player is statistically worthy compared to other qbs in the league. Foles and Luck had better numbers while Brees, Manning, Brady,Rodgers weren't in the mix at all.
The cover vote is a popularity contest tho and those two were easily more popular than the players they were up against in this bracket. I thought McCoy could've beat Luck, but otherwise this final four was very predictable based on who EA chose to be included.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2014, 01:06 PM   #16
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Let's see, last year True Step was the new "feature" and wow, Barry Sanders and AP were "voted" to be on the cover. This year, by all indications there is going to be a focus on defense. Seattle wins the Super Bowl, Richard Sherman has the biggest mouth in the league...and he can back it up, he's probably in the Top 10 of most popular players in the league and even the casual NFL fan knows who he is. I'd be shocked if he isn't "voted" to be the cover athlete...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »