Home

The Golf Club Pushed to Summer Release on Xbox One & PS4

This is a discussion on The Golf Club Pushed to Summer Release on Xbox One & PS4 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2014, 01:37 PM   #9
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: The Golf Club Pushed to Summer Release on Xbox One & PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Steve, can you cite a source for this news? I've seen nothing official on the HB Studios website or information channels.
Got an email from them, wanting OS to interview Peter Garcin, Executive Producer at E3 and mentioned it.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-23-2014, 01:56 PM   #10
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Thanks Steve.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:23 PM   #11
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
I am worried this is going to be a bad deal for them. If EA releases info at E3 of an upcoming golf game any momentum this game might have had could be gone.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
EA has no effect on this game at all. And If anything an EA game will help this game because it will be brought up that there is another golf game coming and how will EA's compare.
Playing the early release of it on PC, the game is fun but it does need some tweaks but the dev team is working really close with the community.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2014, 03:45 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
EA has no effect on this game at all. And If anything an EA game will help this game because it will be brought up that there is another golf game coming and how will EA's compare.
Playing the early release of it on PC, the game is fun but it does need some tweaks but the dev team is working really close with the community.
Do you really believe EA has no effect on this game? If EA announces a golf game for later this year it will have a huge effect on this game. These guys have not shown the ability get a console game out on time and there is no reason the summer release could not get pushed back further to a fall release.

IMO, golf on console is a totally different and inferior experience than played on a PC. The best golf game ever was still PGA2000 and that was 15 years ago.
Old 05-24-2014, 04:16 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1
Hopefully Xbox One version supports using the sticks for game play. If I have to use the buttons to swing, etc., game is a no purchase for me. : ( Having to use buttons on Power Stars Golf really killed lot of fun for me.
Old 05-24-2014, 04:27 PM   #14
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7
The Golf Club Pushed to Summer Release on Xbox One & PS4

EA is not releasing a golf game this fall, they've already said that it is coming out spring 2015.

While EAs E3 showing will not kill my interest in TGC, it could lessen my excitement, especially if it looks really good and still has the Augusta license.

This news still hasn't been confirmed by anyone at HBS on there site, in fact, the only HBS employee to make a comment said he was trying to find out if this was true (which seems odd to me that they wouldn't know). The other odd thing was that just a few days ago a dev said, on there forums, that they were still on pace for a Spring release.

Last edited by rolltide1017; 05-24-2014 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:32 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Good. I am happy they pushed it back a little. By the way, I am open to the idea of testing the beta for PS4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2014, 12:39 AM   #16
Rookie

Spitfirex007's Arena

OVR: 1
Ugh I was really looking forward to playing this! And with the lack of releases after Watch Dog comes out, this would have been a nice filler game. Oh well. Better they fix the bugs then release a half finished product. As far as EA. I could careless. The fact you can create and share courses, alone makes this worth buying

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »