Home

MLB 14 The Show OSFM Hybrid Roster - V1 Release

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show OSFM Hybrid Roster - V1 Release within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 07:50 PM   #1
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7
MLB 14 The Show OSFM Hybrid Roster - V1 Release

Ok, after much anticipation we finally have the OSFM Hybrid roster ready for release.

What is the OSFM Hybrid you ask?

It is the OSFM Full Minors with a full ratings re-rate. It gives a uniform blanket rating system that brings everything together and makes very realistic game play.

What does this include?

The roster is based off the OSFM, which if you don't know is a collection of great contributors, run by Knight165 who create minor league players and major league players who were not included in this game.

We have re-rated all stats for both minor leaguers whom we had info for as well as all the SCEA original players who came in the game.

The stats we use are ZiPs preseason ratings created by Dan Szymborski, they are gathered into a spreadsheet and formulated to match ratings values in the game.

All hitting and defense ratings have been changed as well as pitcher ratings not including Pitch Edits - they will be included in V2.

Potentials were also reviewed and altered where necessary.

The roster has accurate 40 man rosters to today's date, as well as accurate as possible hitting lineups and pitching lineups for all levels. Players who are currently on 60 day disabled lists or suspended are not included in their respective teams 40 man roster and can be found on the A ball roster.

Also we have added many AAA and AA players who were not included in the OSFM - some prospects may have been removed or been put in the FA Pool to make room for players who should be in the roster - you really don't want very young top prospects playing in AAA or even AA.

Stance, Motion and Equipment updates were done where we knew changes needed to be made or could be made.

PLEASE DO NOT LOOK AT THE OVERALLS FOR PLAYERS AS A WAY TO GUAGE THEIR VALUE Players overalls are weighted by a variety of things based on the position they play. With this re-rate most players did go down in overalls, and really the league balances out to where it should be. Player ratings are what they are. We made some adjustments to physical attributes but the pure stat based attributes are the same base across the board.

This is what the Overalls should represent

90+ - All Star and Superstar Caliber

80+ - high end regulars and All Starts

70+ - everyday players and bench players

60+ - Bench players and career minor league players

50+ - low level prospects and Organization fillers

Players Ratings have not been updated yet - that will be included in V2.1, so players like Solarte, Bettances, Melky Cabrera, Mark Buerhle to name a few will have lower ratings then you would expect based on their performances so far this season.

A roster like this can't happen without the support of many great individuals whom deserve a ton of credit - I hope I remember everyone and spell their names correct

ttbucsfan001 created our spreadsheet
teeds - my partner in crime, created a ton of players, handled the transactions and organizing of players we needed to create and replace
cultbuscus - spent countless hours creating and helping input ratings
sky63 - assisted for several days importing the OSFM players
DarionC14 - did 90% of the hitter re-rate
mmorg - did most of the OSFM re-rate
totte - helped with testing the roster
davis25 - helped create players
shaneomac - helped with rating and player creations

I ask that if you have constructive criticism that is fine but do not use this thread to complain. There is well over 100 hours poured into this project and several broken relationships and marriages.......lol

The roster is a little late this year, but I am very proud to put my name behind it. I hope everyone enjoys this and if you want the version with Pitch Edits it will be completed and released ASAP.

Thank you to all the helpers and the community for helping us along the way with suggestions, transaction updates and just entertaining posts.

The roster can be found in the Vault under the following name:

OSFM HYBRID 2014 V1.............psn Crapinmyshoe
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2014, 07:54 PM   #2
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: OSFM Hybrid Roster - V1 Release

Thanks!!!!
Old 05-27-2014, 07:55 PM   #3
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

OVR: 0

Thank you to all that helped in this project!! It really is appreciated! Just grabbed it n gave it a thumbs up!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Old 05-27-2014, 07:56 PM   #4
MVP

Willard76's Arena

Before anyone complains about it, if you did not follow our previous thread, there were some issues with Batting Averages in the game this year.

I will release a set of slider suggestions to make to create good gameplay as well as help the sim stats.

You will find and this is the same in every roster I downloaded and tested, the for some reason Batting Averages and RBI's seemed a bit low. Also more players then I remember in the past had career high and low years on every test we did.

What I can tell you is the following.

Pitcher K/9 and BB/9 match up with what was projected

Hitter's BB/PA and K/PA also match up with what was projected.

What is happening I found is many batting balls in play are outs - although with the defense changes this has dropped.

Unfortunately everything that can be done has been and the same results came when using the default roster.

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Old 05-27-2014, 07:57 PM   #5
Rookie

Thanks to everyone for their time and effort on this!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2014, 07:58 PM   #6
Rookie

Thanks for all the hard work put into release.

Anyone going to be using these rosters for an Online league? I want to get one going.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:59 PM   #7
MVP

Willard76's Arena

For those wondering - V2 will be a duplicate of this release with Pitch Edits done as well as updated transactions to the time of release.

Shortly after that I will release V2.1 which will basically be the same release as V2 but with hair and beard corrections for the Ps4

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Old 05-27-2014, 08:01 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Members like all of you are what make this site special.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »