Home

EA Sports UFC Will Not Be an Annual Title, Plenty of Free DLC Roster Updates Coming

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Will Not Be an Annual Title, Plenty of Free DLC Roster Updates Coming within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2014, 04:40 AM   #17
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: EA Sports UFC Will Not Be an Annual Title, Plenty of Free DLC Roster Updates Comi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
No way that's true, the MLB the Show team doesn't have the licence for minor league players, so all of the minor league players are fake generated guys.

But there is a roster vault, and every year guys on OS make a roster with all of the real life minor league players and upload it to the vault. No problem.
That's what the developers said, I'm not making it up, honest! 😇

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2014, 02:02 PM   #18
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: EA Sports UFC Will Not Be an Annual Title, Plenty of Free DLC Roster Updates Comi

This would sound a lot better if they swapped release years with Fight Night.

Cool they'll be adding fighters between proper releases. Not cool that folks will be waiting almost 2 years for additions & improvments, especially fundamental things like feints & catching kicks.

Hopefully this somehow means the next release will be that much better.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:47 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 0

Sounds good. Hopefully, they go with the original plan, which was to release a UFC, then a Fight Night, back and forth, etc. I can deal with a UFC, but what I personally want to get my hands on is a current gen Fight Night.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:53 PM   #20
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
No way that's true, the MLB the Show team doesn't have the licence for minor league players, so all of the minor league players are fake generated guys.

But there is a roster vault, and every year guys on OS make a roster with all of the real life minor league players and upload it to the vault. No problem.
And If the Minor league players ever wanted to file a suit like the O'Bannon case, believe me, roster vaults would be gone from the show as well.
Old 05-30-2014, 02:19 PM   #21
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
And If the Minor league players ever wanted to file a suit like the O'Bannon case, believe me, roster vaults would be gone from the show as well.
Exactly. Two things are behind this:

1) The O'bannon case scared the hell out of EA and they dont want defend against another likeness lawsuit even though the law is technically on their side.

2) They had a run-in with the UFC when it came to EA MMA's Fighter Share. When the UFC realized there were thousands of versions of fighters under UFC contracts that were downloadable through Fighter Share, they sent EA a cease and desist letter. EA responded by not only removing most of those fighters but removing the audio that announcers used to call them their names.

In the pre-patched version of the game, announcers would say "St. Pierre" or "Lesnar". In the patched version, those audio files were gone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2014, 06:31 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 25

Every sports title from EA should have this same cycle. Might actually see innovation instead of recycled stuff for 8 yrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2014, 06:01 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Anybody have an idea on how many fighters you can create ?
Old 06-05-2014, 10:02 AM   #24
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by isulegend
Anybody have an idea on how many fighters you can create ?
The rumor is that it's 99, but I'm not sure if that's official yet.

Personally, I'm dying for some more news.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »