Home

Sound Off: Why Does America Hate the Heat?

This is a discussion on Sound Off: Why Does America Hate the Heat? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2014, 04:03 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Sound Off: Why Does America Hate the Heat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Carnage
Okay, here is where I have the problem. How were the Heat the better team going into that summer?

The 2nd thing is, the Cleveland front office never really made any attempts to surround the guy with better talent. Lebrons best teammate in the end was Boobie Gibson.......who the hell wants to stick around for that. I don't blame the guy, I would have hauled *** too.

Everybody likes to bring up that Bird,Magic, and Jordan wouldn't have done that, well why would they have. Bird played for squads that had three other Hall of Famers in the starting lineup. Magic played for squads that featured two other hall of famers in the starting lineup. And Jordan did more whining about wanting out than anybody,just go read the Jordan Rules. My point is, they were playing with outstanding talent, so why would they go anywhere? Let me ask you, you think Bird,Magic or Jordan are gonna stick around when their best sidekick is Boobie Gibson?
LeBron didn't do much to increase the effectiveness of his Cleveland teammates. He didn't set screens or move without the ball. The opposing defense knew he was always going to be put in a screen/roll up top and they loaded up on him.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:03 PM   #18
Rookie

kgbrolic's Arena

OVR: 4
Its not Lebron per se. America hates the Heat because this team is not organic. I never remember hating the Heat ever in my life before now (Tim Hardaway, Zo, "Baby Jordan" Harold Minor, Thunder Dan, Voshon Leonard, Bimbo Coles, Ronny Seikaly, Wade/Shaq, etc). I loved all those players. I like Lebron individually too...BUT...

The hate comes from the fact that they are a fake team. A bought team. You have a bunch of players that were pretty major stars before they came to the Heat, they all come together and weasel their way into making a legit team (taking less money, etc) and then think they are the best thing since sliced bread. And it is absolutely disgusting to me. And all of these FAKE Miami Heat fans that came out of nowhere just puts the icing on the cake. I bet that 50% of their current fans are bandwagons and the other 50% are probably Miami residents who hated the Heat...but love them now because they have Lebron.

They are all just a mockery. Plain and simple.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:05 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadakiss88
LOL!!! There was Bulls hate it's just that there was no Social Media, ESPN Message Boards or Media Fueled rivalries that never existed. I stopped viewing it as hate people are going to cheer for the team they cheer for and jeer the other. The funniest thing is that at this point people that do dislike Lebron for leaving Cleveland are few and far between...yea I see some here but to be honest they can only "(Fill in random legend) would have never left his team to play with another superstar" yet they can't explain why Lebron had to carry the team to the playoffs every year.

I guess nobody realized how hard Lebron had to work just to get his Cleveland in the Finals....and yet he's a coward for leaving when his contract ended. LMAO!!! I find holding a team hostage demanding a trade is alot worse than leaving for a new team when you have fulfilled all of your obligations to that team.

I hate that arguement. They say "Oh,Larry Bird wouldn't have done that." Okay then you go and look at what was around Bird and you're like "well why would he leave, the team he's playing for is stacked." Lets stop acting like Bird and Magic were surrounded by stiffs. Lets stop acting like being surrounded by Pippen,Horace Grant and John Paxson isn't a better situation that being surrounded by Antwan Jamison, Anthony Parker and Mo Williams.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:07 PM   #20
Rookie

I am a huge Miami Heat fan, To me LeBron James is the hardest working NBA player in the league and his playing style is unmatched. My favorite part of his game was what dogged him in Cleveland, he wanted to make the best basketball decision on each possession which usually meant hitting a guard wide open in the corner who would then brick the shot. He's not the most purest of scorers but hes the best 6'9'' passer/defender I've ever seen. I'd love to see a Miami v Bulls series.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:11 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbrolic
Its not Lebron per se. America hates the Heat because this team is not organic. I never remember hating the Heat ever in my life before now (Tim Hardaway, Zo, "Baby Jordan" Harold Minor, Thunder Dan, Voshon Leonard, Bimbo Coles, Ronny Seikaly, Wade/Shaq, etc). I loved all those players. I like Lebron individually too...BUT...

The hate comes from the fact that they are a fake team. A bought team. You have a bunch of players that were pretty major stars before they came to the Heat, they all come together and weasel their way into making a legit team (taking less money, etc) and then think they are the best thing since sliced bread. And it is absolutely disgusting to me. And all of these FAKE Miami Heat fans that came out of nowhere just puts the icing on the cake. I bet that 50% of their current fans are bandwagons and the other 50% are probably Miami residents who hated the Heat...but love them now because they have Lebron.

They are all just a mockery. Plain and simple.
You can say the same thing about alot of the fans during the Bulls championship years, or the Shaq/Kobe dynasty years. This is nothing new.

Also,how did they weasel their way into anything? They were free agents, they had the right to go where they wanted. Some of you act like these guys were still under contract and forced their way out of town.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2014, 04:14 PM   #22
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

^Lol @ your sig.

Just Lol.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:16 PM   #23
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30
Simple.. People hate them because their team keep losing to them
Old 06-04-2014, 04:18 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

I really the hate the "Heat are a bought team" argument.. Every team in the league is a "bought team", these guys aren't playing for free. And this isn't baseball, it's not like Miami has all the money to throw at these guys, everyone has the same cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »