Home

NHL 15 Screenshots - Madison Square Garden & Joe Louis Arena

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Screenshots - Madison Square Garden & Joe Louis Arena within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2014, 05:54 PM   #17
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 15 Screenshots - Madison Square Garden & Joe Louis Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04
If the Ai in this game gets the same attention as the arenas, I might start talking positively about that game for the first time since a while. It looks amazing, plain and simple.
Absolutely!

This is the type of stuff that makes a games replay value sky rocket. I'm still just mind blown at how all of a sudden they make drastic changes to arenas like this, but never saw even a touch of it last gen. Whatever though, it finally looks like a dev team that cares. If the on ice gameplay got as much attention as the look of these arenas, this game could be really really good. Those bare EA arenas are finally gone. Also congrats Ranger fans, your arena is finally licensed. Hopefully the Shark Tank will be licensed as well.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 06-04-2014 at 05:58 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:15 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
"This summer, NHL 15 will make home games will truly feel like home."

Sooooo...... is this coming out between now and August?
Old 06-04-2014, 06:23 PM   #19
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

OMG 4 refs!!!!! Please 5 man hug!
Old 06-04-2014, 06:29 PM   #20
Banned

I've been very skeptical about screen shots from EA sports,but WOW! Very impressive! Lots of detail. Madison Square Garden looks amazing! This is the kinda arena detail that 2k sports needs to put in the next gen NBA 2k series!
Old 06-04-2014, 06:32 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

When i first saw the screens I thought they were actual pictures from real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2014, 06:32 PM   #22
Rookie

N2J NY's Arena

Wow..just looking at these pics you wouldn't even think that this is an EA game. Gameplay is still much more important to me but damn..this looks incredible.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:32 PM   #23
Pro

njdevils14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynut99
OMG 4 refs!!!!! Please 5 man hug!
Keeping my fingers crossed

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2014, 06:41 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericromain
The crowd looks fantastic as well as the ice surface. Four officials is exciting too. This is going to be such eye candy.

Perhaps i'm too picky, but i have to wonder why EA NHL posts an article boasting Authentic arenas when it focuses on a Joe Louis Arena that has had these exact same incorrect banners since NHL 10. They aren't the correct design and don't display individual years of the championships, not too mention they don't even have Lidstrom's #5 hanging.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind that they aren't perfect, but why release this about authenticity when so much of what i can see is inauthentic?
You aren't being too picky, it's a completely legitimate error that could, and should, be fixed by launch if they are going to claim total authenticity like they are. I agree with you in that it's not like I'm going to skip 15 if it's not changed, but it could be fixed with minimal time and effort and if it was, it would be on a whole another level. Everyone knows EA's favorite programming technique is the old copy and paste, but that being said almost everything looks great in these two shots. Good to see most of MSG's renovations being included, and as others have said the glass and dasher look excellent as well. The lighting looks to be quality, and of course the the attention to detail like the exact location of where the famed octopus hangs during gameplay doesn't go unnoticed. Players sitting on the bench look to all have different animations/models, as you can tell by the angle of their sticks which is another nice touch. I also agree with everyone here on the behind the goal netting, off the top of my head I can't think of how they would do it visually, but considering they have coding for net physics present in almost all of their sports games, it shouldn't bee too hard to implement and would increase realism even further. These screenshots are much better than the one they released a couple days ago, and I look forward to seeing the rest of the series.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »