Home

Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2014, 09:30 AM   #9
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden 15 Gameplay Video

Graphics look the same as the picture to me.

Look, guys... a picture can really fool you into thinking you're looking at something in a different way. Madden still has to run and animate in a certain fashion for it to be like the game ya'll want.

To say those aren't the same visuals there is pretty off the rocker though, IMO. If the game is going to have that kind of texture detail when it comes out, compared to M25 there is seriously something for ya'll to be excited about. I don't think they were deceiving you with that Kaepernick picture at all.

If there was one difference I could point out, it's that the shadow line threshold is a bit "muddier" than I expected. If there's one negative with these visuals I could point out, it's with regard to exactly what I thought... no animating jersey cloth. What you see is what you get. Maybe that's why it's disappointing some; if those suckers moved with the player (kind of like how Kaepernick's jersey looked like it was maybe flapping a certain way because of how he was running), now you're talking true next-gen. I don't know if they have a bunch of different, unique player models after looking at that video, though.

However, that's just with the detail of the visuals. The rest of the game looks pretty Madden-meh to me. The OL jumping off the block immediately and the player interaction isn't really my favorite.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 06-06-2014, 09:35 AM   #10
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-06-2014, 09:35 AM   #11
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

One word: Underwhelming. Maybe something cool will come out at E3.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2014, 09:38 AM   #12
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11

EA dropping the ball on Madden again? No way! *sarcasm*

Can't jump to conclusions on this trailer, but yet we can - this is the internet!
Old 06-06-2014, 09:40 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 4

Look at the grass on that Sherman pic...There's so much weird going on in those photos :/
Old 06-06-2014, 09:44 AM   #14
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

The top photo has the advantage of being touched up in post however they see fit, mostly with regard to the fidelity. The lower capture has the disadvantage of being YouTube compressed up the ****ter. I know people always give the YT compression excuse for a lot of things that just don't cut it, but for people who want to try and be funny and say these aren't the same game, this is where compression is kicking us right now as customers. Yes, this is the same game. Either you were overwhelmed by CK or you are underwhelmed by the trailer.

The CK picture was unfair to begin with. The Niners have a distinct color palette that give the 'warm' look of reality, Kaep has a distinct face (probably even a unique model), and those tattoos really help sell the authenticity. It just all worked out perfectly. It was a well marketed shot. They wouldn't be revealing a trailer moments after if they didn't think they could keep you grabbed the same way. Maybe a true HD download will serve best for them if they can put one up. This will also sound weird, but Kaep's mouth being open gives life to the picture, and it's a realistic open mouth. NBA 2K has trouble with players opening their mouths realistically haha.

Now, I will give you that I can recognize some aliasing, hence the muddy shadow contrast that I was referring to (and other parts during the trailer), so I doubt when it comes to optimization that you will get that game that you want. But to be unimpressed by the graphics? I don't know, guys. I mean yeah, I don't really like how this game moves at all, and like I said the jerseys don't change at all as they play... but I think visually, this game is not only pretty stunning, but leaps and bounds over M25. I think if an NFL 2K game came out, it would take a lot to get the authentic visual detail to match with this game. As far as a next-gen experience goes, I think at least 70% of it is the visual improvements. EA is taking the right strides IMO.

Oh, and those new shots are terrible. Someone played with the sharpening knob a little too much in post.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 06-06-2014 at 09:46 AM.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:46 AM   #15
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Looks like madden in motion. Not much of a transformation yet.

That pic of Sherman bugs me. On fumbles the ball always just falls out of their hands like that. They never move their arms to attempt to resecure the ball. That would be nice to see. Or better yet, a little variety where the ball carrier does lose control of the ball but gets it back before it hits the ground.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2014, 09:50 AM   #16
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

OVR: 0

It is tough to determine what a game will be like from a YouTube video. Since YouTube is so screwy and compresses the video so much, and has it at 30 FPS. I'll wait to judge until I see an uncompressed video on another website

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »