Home

The EA Sports UFC Demo Is Only Running at 900p

This is a discussion on The EA Sports UFC Demo Is Only Running at 900p within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2014, 05:18 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: The EA Sports UFC Demo Is Only Running at 900p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
Like Phobia said, Who cares it looks great. When are we just going to start enjoying these games and stop worrying about pixels? I can notice the difference between 720 and 1080p, but 900p to 1080p is hard to notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You've got a better eye than I do, because I can't tell the difference between any of it.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:41 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 30
This is funny. I was just saying something to my nephew about this about and hr or so ago. I noticed the lower res the day the demo came out. If ur used to playing the now current gen 1080p games on good 1080p TVs, u DO notice the difference, especially when you're settings tweaker like me.

For those of u that are poo-pooing resolution differences, glad u can enjoy it without noticing any differences but a person like me who feels that NOW we have these very powerful systems (and, yes, I'll throw XOne in there even tho it's bringing up the rear when it comes to the PS4), I want not only advanced gameplay, I want great, high res graphics to boot. My thinking is that consoles didn't get to this point to be half stepping with one foot in this gen and the other in last but I can accept SOME of the shortcomings since we're still in first gen games of current gen systems. I didn't pay $400 for my PS4 plus game costs to be settling for 900p on the regular. A pass, for now...but if this is retail version res, I have to wonder who is holding this back from 1080p, like Watch Dogs. I think I know the answer. Heh.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:07 PM   #11
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26
The EA Sports UFC Demo Is Only Running at 900p

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
This is funny. I was just saying something to my nephew about this about and hr or so ago. I noticed the lower res the day the demo came out. If ur used to playing the now current gen 1080p games on good 1080p TVs, u DO notice the difference, especially when you're settings tweaker like me.

For those of u that are poo-pooing resolution differences, glad u can enjoy it without noticing any differences but a person like me who feels that NOW we have these very powerful systems (and, yes, I'll throw XOne in there even tho it's bringing up the rear when it comes to the PS4), I want not only advanced gameplay, I want great, high res graphics to boot. My thinking is that consoles didn't get to this point to be half stepping with one foot in this gen and the other in last but I can accept SOME of the shortcomings since we're still in first gen games of current gen systems. I didn't pay $400 for my PS4 plus game costs to be settling for 900p on the regular. A pass, for now...but if this is retail version res, I have to wonder who is holding this back from 1080p, like Watch Dogs. I think I know the answer. Heh.

Huh?? On my 50 inch panasonic plasma that's professionally calibrated I can tell the difference between 720 and 1080, but 900 and 1080 is barely and I mean barely noticeable. Also if you want guaranteed 1080 and 60+ fps all the time than buy a PC, it's that simple. These consoles only have 6 months out. As the sdk kits get better the games will improve visually and get better. At this point it's extremely foolish to continue pixel counting instead of playing and enjoying these games. Ryse on the Xbox one is 900p and it's the prettiest game on ANY Next gen console, better than nba2k which looks beautiful. COD is 1080p 60 fps on the ps4 and still looks crappy compared to other games available. Resolution isn't everything. I'll take 900p with solid steady framerate anyday over 1080p with unstable framerate.

Last edited by Artman22; 06-06-2014 at 09:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2014, 07:35 AM   #12
Banned

doesn't matter...this is the best looking next gen game I have seen. if retail has higher resolution...wow
Old 06-07-2014, 12:45 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Huh?? On my 50 inch panasonic plasma that's professionally calibrated I can tell the difference between 720 and 1080, but 900 and 1080 is barely and I mean barely noticeable. Also if you want guaranteed 1080 and 60+ fps all the time than buy a PC, it's that simple. These consoles only have 6 months out. As the sdk kits get better the games will improve visually and get better. At this point it's extremely foolish to continue pixel counting instead of playing and enjoying these games. Ryse on the Xbox one is 900p and it's the prettiest game on ANY Next gen console, better than nba2k which looks beautiful. COD is 1080p 60 fps on the ps4 and still looks crappy compared to other games available. Resolution isn't everything. I'll take 900p with solid steady framerate anyday over 1080p with unstable framerate.

Again, if u don't notice the diff, good for u but EYE (I, heh) do. I could tell diff since PS3, and I broke down my reasoning on the res thing. It encompasses multiple angles not just a resolution is everything as well as my understanding of this just being the 1st gen of games on these new consoles. Read and comprehend before speaking on something or attacking someone's opinion.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:35 PM   #14
Rookie

It's likely that the demo is an older version of the game that has yet to be optimized. I've definitely noticed drops in framerate more than lost pixels. In the last hours of game development, they are probably mostly working on optimization, so I'd expect they will hit their 1080p benchmark.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:32 PM   #15
Banned

WOw...if you can complain about the graphics and resolution on this demo you really can complain about anything.

1. Its just the demo
2. Its the best looking game I have seen thus far on next-gen

This makes me think back to a recent article on this site that I think even had a EA UFC pic attached to it that said managing next-gen expectations.

There maybe some things to have concerns about regarding the demo of this game...graphics and animations just aren't one of them imo.

Just a thought...but maybe Next-gen isn't for you. Return your PS4 now and wait for PS5 to be up to your standards.

Last edited by Maverick32093209; 06-07-2014 at 11:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2014, 11:42 PM   #16
MVP

Brian_OS's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Frame rate arguments should be a thing of the past with the power avialibe in the new boxes. There is a UFC employee lurking, maybe he will comment?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »