Home

EA Sports PGA Tour Official Trailer and First Details

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour Official Trailer and First Details within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2014, 03:50 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Sports PGA Tour Official Trailer and First Details

EA Sports has just released the first trailer for EA Sports PGA TOUR. The game will be the first EA Sports title to utilize the Frostbite 3 engine and arrive in the Spring of 2015.

“Frostbite 3 is really the perfect piece of technology for us to use as we create EA SPORTS PGA TOUR,” said Executive Producer Brent Nielsen. “There is no better engine out there for creating complex, lifelike environments, and it has allowed us to recreate some of the world’s most beautiful courses, as well as create some new ideas of our own. Also, for the first time ever we’re offering a game that’s completely free of load times after you start your round, allowing you to move seamlessly from one green to the next tee without breaking immersion.”

"The technology driving EA SPORTS PGA TOUR opens up so many new opportunities," said Denise Humphreys, PGA TOUR Senior Director of Partnerships. "Two of our favorite new features are the ability to play from hole to hole with no load time, plus having views of the entire course, allowing the gamer a more real-world experience."

The game will feature both real and fantasy courses, presumably both sim and more arcade elements as well. Expect to hear more about EA Sports PGA Tour in the coming months.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2014, 03:51 PM   #2
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: EA SPORTS PGA TOUR | Official Trailer | E3 2014

Killing simulation gaming one game at a time...
Old 06-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: EA SPORTS PGA TOUR | Official Trailer | E3 2014

I like games like hot shots golf, mario golf etc that don't aim to be simulations, Haven't tried powerstar. But I really don't like mixing real pga golfers and tours with extreme courses with all kinds of arcadey elements. Either make a game that actually simulates what happens in the PGA or make a fun game like Hot Shots, don't mix the two.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:05 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronoko
I like games like hot shots golf, mario golf etc that don't aim to be simulations, Haven't tried powerstar. But I really don't like mixing real pga golfers and tours with extreme courses with all kinds of arcadey elements. Either make a game that actually simulates what happens in the PGA or make a fun game like Hot Shots, don't mix the two.
I doubt if you play a career that you'll be asked to golf on battlefield 4 the golf course. Those will most likely be standalone courses that are more for a play now match with some buddies more than any type of real game play. This should still be fully sim.

I actually like the multiple styles of game play in one game anyway. I wish madden and nba live would also contain their "street" versions of games to go along with the normal game too, that would be pretty awesome.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:08 PM   #5
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: EA SPORTS PGA TOUR Official Trailer

Good news for "The Golf Club", that teaser killed all interest I had in EA's golf game. The ball is squarely in TGC's court, they just need to get the game finished and released on consoles now. Good job EA, you killed NCAA and now golf.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2014, 04:16 PM   #6
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

What a terrible trailer!? It started off okay for the first 10 seconds, and then went downhill from there. When your lead feature is "play extreme fantasy courses", it doesn't sound like it's going to be a game I'd be interested in playing. This really didn't whet my appetite for EA Sports PGA Tour
Old 06-09-2014, 04:18 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
I doubt if you play a career that you'll be asked to golf on battlefield 4 the golf course. Those will most likely be standalone courses that are more for a play now match with some buddies more than any type of real game play. This should still be fully sim.

I actually like the multiple styles of game play in one game anyway. I wish madden and nba live would also contain their "street" versions of games to go along with the normal game too, that would be pretty awesome.
Well it depends what the focus of the game turns out to be, but if you consider the main tagline is PGA Tour- Extreme Golf, you would think these extreme elements would be part of the main game modes.

Personally, I don't think it's realistic to have both nba2k and a street ball arcade game come in one release....I'd much rather them give the attention each deserves and give people the option of which to buy.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:25 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm interested in seeing more, which is exactly what a trailer's supposed to do.

Still very satisfied with my early access purchase of The Golf Club.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »