Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Hands-On Impressions (GoodGameBro)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Hands-On Impressions (GoodGameBro) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2014, 11:56 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Hands-On Impressions (GoodGameBro)

Following yesterday's deluge of Madden NFL 15 info, it's only right to follow that up with another day of extensive details on the game, including hands-on impressions from our friends over at GoodGameBro.

The first thing you will notice about the game is that, "for the first time in a long while I feel as if Madden NFL finally gives us a “full” experience on the field, something it hasn’t done in quite some time."

The defense is the star of the gameplay for sure, with noticeable improvements at every turn. The defensive line play receives high praise, as does the tackling for adding something to the defensive side of the ball that the series has been missing for quite some time.

The tackling and defensive line aren't the only things which have received treatment. The article states that the zone coverage A.I. is completely rewritten and actually works. In one anecdote about Corey's time with the game, "Seattle was incredibly tough to beat in their Cover 3, and players reacted to passes in a much more realistic manner."

A few more gems:

On adaptive A.I.: "Another solid improvement comes with a new Adaptive AI system, that helps create an environment where the CPU can start to read how you’re controlling your offense. The days of running “Strong Power” to the outside are over, as CPU opponents will pick up on repeated plays as the game moves forward. To test this, I purposely ran 4 HB screens in a row to see what would happen. The first one went for a gain of 12, the second went for a gain of 4, the third was stuffed right away for an incompletion and the fourth attempt was picked-off for a TD."

The tackle cone can be toggled on and off, with the plan to set it to off for the higher difficulties.

On QB Accuracy: "QB accuracy was completely re-written, and now ratings will play a much bigger role in just how successful a throw will be. In short, a ball can go almost anywhere now. You won’t see passes to a receiver’s numbers 100% of the time. In fact, you’ll see low passes, passes behind the target, errant throws, over-throws, bouncers and wobbly spirals."

Kick Meter: "Kick meter is much like the Tiger Woods PGA Tour swing mechanic. You still pull back and then forward, but if you aim left or right, you have to actually coordinate your stick movement in that direction, meaning a kick left to right needs a diagonal left to diagonal right press. The more severe the angle, the further you push the stick off-center."

Be sure to check out the full article on GoodGameBro for tons of other details!
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by RaychelSnr; 06-10-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 12:16 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Hands-On Impressions (GoodGameBro)

Reading these impressions got me hyped for the game! Sounds like EA really stepped it up this year. Still disappointing not to hear them adding True Step for all 22 players or SIGNATURE RUNNING ANIMATIONS / BALL CARRYING STYLES but everything else sounds great.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:20 PM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Reading these impressions got me hyped for the game! Sounds like EA really stepped it up this year. Still disappointing not to hear them adding True Step for all 22 players or SIGNATURE RUNNING ANIMATIONS / BALL CARRYING STYLES but everything else sounds great.
Do you have a link to someone stating no True Step? I asked one of the GCer's and they thought it was in the game for all 22?

Maybe they were mistaken?
Old 06-10-2014, 12:27 PM   #4
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

I feel like I've read that same article for the past 5 or so years...
Old 06-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #5

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Do you have a link to someone stating no True Step? I asked one of the GCer's and they thought it was in the game for all 22?

Ive seen Clint tweet someone that it wasnt in for all players at the level it is for the ball carrier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

I asked Clint Oldenberg yesterday on Twitter and he was kind enough to respond saying that there were no additions to locomotion or "True Step" this year. I appreciate his honesty, but I really do not understand why the Madden team cannot nail down player movement.

Player movement is the foundation for every other aspect of a sports game. The NHL team just entirely re-vamped their locomotion system two years ago and player movement is supposed to be a pillar of the new Ignite Engine. (Its is great on the new UFC and FIFA has always had great movment)

This leads me to believe that the locomotion/animation system was botched so badly in 06' that there is literally nothing they can do to fix the code without throwing off the balance of the entire game.

IMO, the Madden team should take an entire development cycle and completely re-vamp the locomotion/running and animation system. It is clearly the biggest thorn in the Madden teams side and Madden cannot play or look realistic without proper movement and animations.

Please EA, fix these two areas of the game. It is the foundation of everything and you cannot make legitimate strides until these areas are re-vamped.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:37 PM   #7
Banned

allstardad's Arena

OVR: 0

Great read. Really liking what I'm reading. Can't wait to see gameplay videos, and for August 26th!
Old 06-10-2014, 12:38 PM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I asked Clint Oldenberg yesterday on Twitter and he was kind enough to respond saying that there were no additions to locomotion or "True Step" this year. I appreciate his honesty, but I really do not understand why the Madden team cannot nail down player movement.

Player movement is the foundation for every other aspect of a sports game. The NHL team just entirely re-vamped their locomotion system two years ago and player movement is supposed to be a pillar of the new Ignite Engine. (Its is great on the new UFC and FIFA has always had great movment)

This leads me to believe that the locomotion/animation system was botched so badly in 06' that there is literally nothing they can do to fix the code without throwing off the balance of the entire game.

IMO, the Madden team should take an entire development cycle and completely re-vamp the locomotion/running and animation system. It is clearly the biggest thorn in the Madden teams side and Madden cannot play or look realistic without proper movement and animations.

Please EA, fix these two areas of the game. It is the foundation of everything and you cannot make legitimate strides until these areas are re-vamped.
I'll take the word of an employee over a GCer, but this is where I found my information.

http://traditionsportsonline.com/thr...-means.111074/

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »