Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Hands-On Impressions (GoodGameBro)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Hands-On Impressions (GoodGameBro) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2014, 02:03 PM   #17
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Hands-On Impressions (GoodGameBro)

On adaptive A.I.: "Another solid improvement comes with a new Adaptive AI system, that helps create an environment where the CPU can start to read how you’re controlling your offense. The days of running “Strong Power” to the outside are over, as CPU opponents will pick up on repeated plays as the game moves forward. To test this, I purposely ran 4 HB screens in a row to see what would happen. The first one went for a gain of 12, the second went for a gain of 4, the third was stuffed right away for an incompletion and the fourth attempt was picked-off for a TD."

I know I have to temper my expectations until this is actually proven with gameplay footage but it is nice to finally read about adaptive AI again. I hope this applies to ALL AI/CPU controlled players/teammates, including User controlled teams, not just those on a CPU controlled teams.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:09 PM   #18
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
On adaptive A.I.: "Another solid improvement comes with a new Adaptive AI system, that helps create an environment where the CPU can start to read how you’re controlling your offense. The days of running “Strong Power” to the outside are over, as CPU opponents will pick up on repeated plays as the game moves forward. To test this, I purposely ran 4 HB screens in a row to see what would happen. The first one went for a gain of 12, the second went for a gain of 4, the third was stuffed right away for an incompletion and the fourth attempt was picked-off for a TD."

I know I have to temper my expectations until this is actually proven with gameplay footage but it is nice to finally read about adaptive AI again. I hope this applies to ALL AI/CPU controlled players/teammates, including User controlled teams, not just those on a CPU controlled teams.
Big, I've read the same on curl routes, zone coverage. Last year and prior years, 9 out of 10 times, it was a completion. I've heard that's not an issue anymore, but I need to see it and feel it first.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:10 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Official_Mole
First off, its "QA" not "Q&A." But to answer your question, due to the fact that QBs would throw the ball right in the numbers of your WRs, TEs, RBs, etc when accurate it only triggered so many catch animations. By allowing the QB to throw the ball to your intended receiver in various spots surrounding his body, it opens up more catch animations.
Maybe if EA was as anal about the quality of their QA as you are about my misuse of the term Q&A, maybe they would have learned that all their work was for nothing.

I understand why the animations didn't trigger. I didn't know you to reiterate that for me. I want to know HOW EA didn't realize that during the dev cycle? How can you test these new animations you've created if they're not triggering during gameplay? Or do diff areas of the team dev their portions of the game within a vacuum?

I'd like to go back and read the impressions from these in-house demo sessions and see if the reporters were accurate. Either they were lying, or they played a diff build than what was shipped. I don't blame anyone who takes this write-up with a huge grain of salt.

Maybe in 2018, we'll find out that the QB's being able to throw the ball to different areas of the WR is actually tied to another element of the game. And then we'll get the WR animations.

Last edited by chris luva luva; 06-10-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:13 PM   #20
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal

If this is the case, it would be a huge positive in single player CFM.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:13 PM   #21
Madden Gameplay QA

Official_Mole's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris luva luva
Maybe if EA was as anal about the quality of their QA as you are about my misuse of the term Q&A, maybe they would have learned that all their work was for nothing.

I understand why the animations didn't trigger. I didn't know you to reiterate that for me. I want to know HOW EA didn't realize that during the dev cycle? How can you test these new animations you've created if they're not triggering during gameplay? Or do diff areas of the team dev their portions of the game within a vacuum?

I'd like to go back and read the impressions from these in-house demo sessions and see if the reporters were accurate. Either they were lying, or they played a diff build than what was shipped. I don't blame anyone who takes this write-up with a huge grain of salt.

Maybe in 2018, we'll find out that the QB's being able to throw the ball to different areas of the WR is actually tied to another element of the game. And then we'll get the WR animations.

You'll get more animations simply by the fact that the ball can be thrown at the receiver in different areas.

QA Central Gameplay-Madden NFL

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Official_Mole
You'll get more animations simply by the fact that the ball can be thrown at the receiver in different areas.
Maybe you're not understanding me, or maybe I'm not being clear. Why did it take them two years to figure this out? What happened during their QA in 2013 that allowed them to not NOTICE THAT 400 ANIMATIONS WEREN'T TRIGGERING? lol How is that even remotely excusable?

And then we have this...

http://www.operationsports.com/previ...gine-hands-on/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Noah
I must have seen at least 60 different animations in what little time I had to play with Madden last night, but every one of them made me smile.
Like I said, either we question the integrity of the testers or we question the builds they're given to play during these sessions.

Last edited by chris luva luva; 06-10-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:22 PM   #23
Madden Gameplay QA

Official_Mole's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris luva luva
Maybe you're not understanding me, or maybe I'm not being clear. Why did it take them two years to figure this out?

And then we have this...

http://www.operationsports.com/previ...gine-hands-on/

Like I said, either we question the integrity of the testers or we question the builds they're given to play during these sessions.

Honestly I can't answer that because I don't know why. I've only been a part of the QA Team since February and before that I was in the EA SPORTS Game Changers. All I can tell you is that the Pass Inaccuracy will open up more catching animations.

QA Central Gameplay-Madden NFL

Old 06-10-2014, 02:22 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Do you have a link to someone stating no True Step? I asked one of the GCer's and they thought it was in the game for all 22?

Maybe they were mistaken?
the podcast said that old techs are being improved but not discussed so maybe this is included.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »