Home

Updated NASCAR '14 Patch News, Free Daytona 500 DLC Pack Arrives After Patch Releases

This is a discussion on Updated NASCAR '14 Patch News, Free Daytona 500 DLC Pack Arrives After Patch Releases within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 04:26 PM   #17
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Updated NASCAR '14 Patch News, Free Daytona 500 DLC Pack Arrives After Patch Rele

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Seriously??? What a joke. Completely inexcusable on their behalf. Just pack it in already Eutechnyx. It's obvious they aren't capable of making the game right. I doubt they release another edition next year, or at all, but if they do, I certainly won't be buying it. Such a shame, so much potential in the game, they just can't figure it all out. For a patch to take this long, it better either fix everything to at least make the game playable with pit stops, or they really should just pack it in. If they can't get it right with this much time to patch it, then theyre just never going to IMO.

That being said, it can still be fun to play without pit stops etc... but... what kind of nascar racing is that???

From what I just read on the Eutechnyx forums is that the patch is in the hands of Deep Silver and they are testing it. Apparently none of the guys that work on the game are answering questions or responding to anything on their own forums anymore. Which makes me believe that the patch will be garbage anyways.

I got a $25 gift card for Gamestop I'm just gonna go and grab Dirt 3 or something like that to have, and if they ever decide to fix this game I might try it again sometime.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:32 AM   #18
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Updated NASCAR '14 Patch News, Free Daytona 500 DLC Pack Arrives After Patch Rele

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
From what I just read on the Eutechnyx forums is that the patch is in the hands of Deep Silver and they are testing it. Apparently none of the guys that work on the game are answering questions or responding to anything on their own forums anymore. Which makes me believe that the patch will be garbage anyways.

I got a $25 gift card for Gamestop I'm just gonna go and grab Dirt 3 or something like that to have, and if they ever decide to fix this game I might try it again sometime.
Crazy. At this point, I'm likely just holding onto it until I trade everything in towards one of the new consoles later this summer.

The lack of communication and updates is what is really appalling during this process. They should at least have the decency to provide an update on the situation, since the game was obviously flawed again upon release.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:09 PM   #19
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Picked this game up this morning off the PSN store for $20.00 sports game sale.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:28 PM   #20
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
Picked this game up this morning off the PSN store for $20.00 sports game sale.

I feel sorry for you. You should have got something else.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:43 PM   #21
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
I feel sorry for you. You should have got something else.
Yup , I've run about 6 races so far. My opinion inside line is better. This game the A.I. plays like a lot of online players do, a slam fest. Both games have issues but at least I could run a complete race with inside line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2014, 03:11 PM   #22
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

From what I am seeing it looks like the patch is in the hands of Microsoft and Sony right now, and that we are just waiting for them to approve it. Hopefully it doesn't fail and get sent back to be fixed, and I hope even more that the patch does something to help fix the game.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:10 PM   #23
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

From the ETX NASCAR Facebook page.

Quote:

Status Update
By ETX NASCAR
Hi all, long time no speak! Our team has been working incredibly hard, not only to bring you the 2014 update but to arrange some amazing activity for its release.

The update itself is now in final steps of approval and will be released once approved by Microsoft and Sony. The release update will be across all platforms simultaneously - so PS3, Xbox 360 and PC on the same day. Also coming your way is the free Daytona paint scheme DLC pack.

The update will mean our players will be the first to race and win under NASCAR’s new 2014 Chase format – you’ll have one over Jimmie Johnson and all the drivers currently fighting for their place in this year’s line-up!

Coming up in the next few weeks we’ve also got chances to meet Brad Keselowski, fun with Miss Sprint Cup and regular race updates! We’re bringing you closer to the NASCAR action than ever before!

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Old 06-20-2014, 12:20 PM   #24
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Status Update
By ETX NASCAR
Hi all, long time no speak! Our team has been working incredibly hard, not only to bring you the 2014 update but to arrange some amazing activity for its release.

The update itself is now in final steps of approval and will be released once approved by Microsoft and Sony. The release update will be across all platforms simultaneously - so PS3, Xbox 360 and PC on the same day. Also coming your way is the free Daytona paint scheme DLC pack.

The update will mean our players will be the first to race and win under NASCAR’s new 2014 Chase format – you’ll have one over Jimmie Johnson and all the drivers currently fighting for their place in this year’s line-up!

Coming up in the next few weeks we’ve also got chances to meet Brad Keselowski, fun with Miss Sprint Cup and regular race updates! We’re bringing you closer to the NASCAR action than ever before!
I'm down with that - Where do I sign up?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »