Home

21 Things We Know About Madden NFL 15

This is a discussion on 21 Things We Know About Madden NFL 15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2014, 06:45 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
21 Things We Know About Madden NFL 15

Gameinformer has posted up a good bullet points list of 21 things we know about Madden NFL 15. Here are a few of the more obscure ones not already well known:
  • Real video of players is incorporated into the pre-game presentation.
  • You can change game cameras at the line of scrimmage without going into the settings screen. For instance, you can switch to a zoomed out camera by toggling with the up/down on the d-pad. For online games, the number of camera switches you can perform is restricted to prevent griefing.
  • EA is introducing a new play calling system this year. The screen is now divided up into different sections: Strategy, Community, Favorite, and Previous Play. Strategy shows you the best plays based on the current down and distance, and also shows you what the other team usually runs. Community shows you what other players have run in this situation based on information from the cloud. Favorite brings up what you've chosen in the past. Along with these play recommendations, EA gives players info such as the percentage of the time the play gains an average number of yards.
  • Developer EA Tiburon admits that its man and zone coverages in previous games weren't that good, so they've redone them in Madden 15. Now the dev says that cover 2 and cover 3, for example, stop the routes they are supposed to.
  • More inaccurate throws leads to more variation in receivers' catch animations, as well as those for incompletions.
Be sure to check out more of the list on GameInformer's site.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 06:52 PM   #2
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: 21 Things We Know About Madden NFL 15

Maybe I'm missing something, and I apologize if I am, but...

Yay for player-lock and all, but does player-lock only work when you're on defense? I ask because I'm so much better at being a halfback than a quarterback, and turning on the Coach Mode option in the main menu options just feels like cheating to me (and yes, I agree we need CPU vs. CPU back in CFM).
Old 06-11-2014, 06:54 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

[*]Real video of players is incorporated into the pre-game presentation.

I remember Madden 98 for PS1 had real footage of James Brown and Madden & Summerall. It'll seem more in place now with how realistic graphics are today. The problem however, will be with variety and repetitiveness.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:18 PM   #4
EA Game Changer

CoreySA's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask

I remember Madden 98 for PS1 had real footage of James Brown and Madden & Summerall. It'll seem more in place now with how realistic graphics are today. The problem however, will be with variety and repetitiveness.
I can speak on this one a bit.

Basically, when certain players get introduced, like your QB on his fury drive, they'll show real NFL Films footage of that player. For instance, in one of my games as the 49ers, before Kaepernick went to the huddle, he was talking to Harbaugh and his stat overlay came up on the right and above that, there was another screen that showed footage of some of his plays from last season.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:23 PM   #5
Rookie

J ROCK 05's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask

Will be cool for a play now, but in CCM this is not going to be so great, once you finish your first few seasons. Trades, new players, etc. Would rather have virtual players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 07:34 PM   #6
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

It probably won't be in CCM.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 06-11-2014, 07:43 PM   #7
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreySA
I can speak on this one a bit.

Basically, when certain players get introduced, like your QB on his fury drive, they'll show real NFL Films footage of that player. For instance, in one of my games as the 49ers, before Kaepernick went to the huddle, he was talking to Harbaugh and his stat overlay came up on the right and above that, there was another screen that showed footage of some of his plays from last season.
I don't know how exactly it could be accomplished, maybe by actually having various "highlights" saved to each Users console hard drive but it would be great to see this expanded to be actual in-game highlights, instead of real life, at some point. Maybe Madden could automatically partition a certain amount of space on the console hard drive when loading the game for the first time, to store highlights to use for pregame, halftime, weekly wrap up shows, etc.

If you know, how exactly are the highlights saved for the Halftime Show in M15 and is it possible for that tech to be expanded on for other things such as the pregame, weekly wrap up show, etc?
Old 06-11-2014, 07:44 PM   #8
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

It's what CBS does when the qb's come out for their first drives at the top right of the screen

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »