Home

NHL 15: First Gameplay Video Emerges

This is a discussion on NHL 15: First Gameplay Video Emerges within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2014, 09:19 PM   #9
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 2 minutes of Full-gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearishRiggs
I'm not going to pass judgment based on a short hand-cam video, but I really do want to see some legit gameplay from actual players very soon. Full game livestreams from devs, youtubers like Superbman. That'd be great marketing all around.
I will pass judgement but I agree, a full game or period would be nice.

Ok seriously why is hat er censored? Same idea As S****horpe/Scun thorpe United (take out the space)?
Old 06-11-2014, 09:20 PM   #10
Pro

sharks's Arena

OVR: 11

The way the officials were skating and moving was really distracting to me.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:20 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Ok first off these players were terrible. What really irked me is Gaborick dropping his gloves, like no!!!! This is really NHL 14 with a paint job but we need to see more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 09:21 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

Goodness, passing final judgement on alpha footage 3 months before ship. Do wonders never cease. While I doubt tender animations change much from now til ship, is it really that critical to have push off animations?
Old 06-11-2014, 09:23 PM   #13
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6

game doesn't look finished. gonna wait for LEGIT gameplay from the devs themselves
NHL New Jersey Devils
EPL Manchester United
NCAA FB Pittsburgh Panthers
NCAA BB Pittsburgh Panthers
Old 06-11-2014, 09:37 PM   #14
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

My biggest issue with the game has always been the pinpoint accuracy of the passes. Tape-to-tape every time. Never do you see player just miss a pass. This should happen A LOT. The reason it's not in the game is because it would turn off 99% of casual gamers. To be on a 2-on-1 and have a pass put into your teammates skates or a pass that they just fan on, casual gamers would not understand this and just become frustrated.

But it's the reason that EA's games have never truly been simulation-style hockey games. I've always said that until you can play a hockey game with legitimate 20-minute periods and have realistic shot totals, something is off. What's off it that the passes are far too accurate. This can be toned down a bit with sliders but it's never good enough. Each player should have an attribute/rating of what I could call "pass reception." Players like Jonathan Toews or Patrick Kane (sorry, Blackhawks fan here) should be able to receive just about any pass. I've seen Kane receive and control many bad passes into his skates, behind him, etc. However, lesser players should not be able to handle these types of passes. And on some occasions, passes that are made well should hit off the player's blade and be missed. It happens.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 06-11-2014, 09:46 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

The skating looks worse, defence have all kinds of issues changing directions or turning around. The jersey flapping looks terrible. Looks like a bad year to be a d-man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 09:48 PM   #16
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
My biggest issue with the game has always been the pinpoint accuracy of the passes. Tape-to-tape every time. Never do you see player just miss a pass. This should happen A LOT. The reason it's not in the game is because it would turn off 99% of casual gamers. To be on a 2-on-1 and have a pass put into your teammates skates or a pass that they just fan on, casual gamers would not understand this and just become frustrated.

But it's the reason that EA's games have never truly been simulation-style hockey games. I've always said that until you can play a hockey game with legitimate 20-minute periods and have realistic shot totals, something is off. What's off it that the passes are far too accurate. This can be toned down a bit with sliders but it's never good enough. Each player should have an attribute/rating of what I could call "pass reception." Players like Jonathan Toews or Patrick Kane (sorry, Blackhawks fan here) should be able to receive just about any pass. I've seen Kane receive and control many bad passes into his skates, behind him, etc. However, lesser players should not be able to handle these types of passes. And on some occasions, passes that are made well should hit off the player's blade and be missed. It happens.
I don't watch much hockey at all, isn't the puck usually pretty loose from the hockey stick when someone is racing down the ice or simply trying to control the puck with their stick in real life? From this gameplay video, it looks like the puck is simply velcroed or stuck to the stick, and the player can pretty much do anything at will and the puck remains "attached/stuck" to the hockey stick.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »