Home

A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

This is a discussion on A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2014, 09:41 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

IGN posted their full gameplay stream of Madden NFL 15 complete with full gameplay. Here are some thoughts I had while watching the video through. Beware this is an early build of the game and some of the things which don't seem right could easily be fixed by the time of release.

I'd recommend listing anything you find with the hopes it might get fixed by the time release gets here. Here are some of my notes:
  • Kick meter is interesting, definitely inspired by Tiger Woods.
  • QB Run-Outs with real video is quite awesome. Wonder how they'll solve that with franchise draftees/etc.?
  • The game is much smoother now that there aren't any cut-scenes. The transitions are much better between plays.
  • Jump snap seems ok. It's a gamey thing, but it's one of those things Madden's defense has needed for years.
  • The DL/OL interactions are definitely improved. They're still not perfect, but they're definitely the best we've ever seen in a football game.
  • On the first user sack, it definitely looks like the d-lineman worked his way past the OL and left the OL standing there. That needs to be fixed, if an OL lets his assignment through, he's not going to return to blocking air. This actually seems to be a big problem in the trenches, kind of negates the other positives. Oops. Going to chalk this up to being an early build.
  • Switching cameras in game...that's a small but very significant change.
  • The new playcalling system is a huge change. Thankfully EA has left the playcalls by formation and play type in. They've added Coach Suggestions, Concept, and I believe Personnel is new but I'd have to refresh my memory (I'm a play-type guy).
  • For all of the talk of lower QB accuracy, Kaepernick and Wilson certainly don't miss much. I know they're really good QBs, but I was halfway expecting to see a few more 'off' throws.
  • Coverage seems about the same honestly from the couch viewpoint. There wasn't enough to really go off of, and this could be because that aspect isn't fully tuned or possibly because of difficulty concerns. But I didn't see much that seemed too different from previous Maddens.
  • Dropping back 20 yards and throwing still works but it's entirely possible this was on a lower difficulty...maybe.
  • Finally towards the end Kaepernick misses a throw to the corner and its almost picked. He was definitely a bit off balance. Again this could be due to difficulty levels being lower.
  • The matchup stick is actually really awesome. You can see where players have advantages on the field in real time.
  • Overall the game is more fluid than last year and definitely looks better. The defensive mechanics look like they add some new level to the game -- but exactly how much will only be able to be determined by some firsthand playtime.
Overall

It's far from bad, also just as far from truly great. Madden NFL 15 will be a Madden game through and through, and as I've said many times you either have to live with that or go without football video games right now if you don't like it -- Madden isn't changing its core style/pacing at this point. This will be another step forward for the series almost certainly, and if the modes offer some interesting/good experiences it could be a good year for the series once again.

What do you all think of the gameplay shown in the video?
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 09:49 PM   #2
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

- That defensive camera looks amazing, loved it on NCAA. And pass rushing looks like it's going to be sooooo fun.

- The presentation with Percy Harvin about to receive the kick, the stat overlay was amazing. But Russell Wilson running out, that scene was epic!!!! Everything leading up to the snap honestly. Even starting lineups.

- Didn't really was much from the secondary, seemed the same to me. Was hoping it would be alot tighter or fresh, but the game overall looks headed in the right direction.

Also sidenote, why can't some of the presentation be for online CFM's? That would make the immersion so much better. Just have it to where both players have to press A (X) to skip through it. It definitely wouldn't hurt. And last sidenote, with how great the game looks, I really wish EA allows us to save highlights at the end of games... Photos and videos. That would help out alot.

Last edited by d11king; 06-11-2014 at 09:56 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:09 PM   #3
Rookie

MichaelAngeloTMNT's Arena

OVR: 0
Loved that Russel hit Percy and he never broke stride. It is looking great.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:10 PM   #4
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

King, get a PS4.

As to the video. Looks cool, but I'm too jaded to get on the hype train.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:14 PM   #5
Rookie

testudoaubreii's Arena

OVR: 0

+Graphics look pretty damned good.

+Presentation seems to be looking nice.

-I don't know...some of the play seemed kind of jerky for me, especially the beginning in the cut scenes and the transition from end of play to the beginning of next play. It just doesn't seem smooth to me.

-I noticed some player sliding.

-I don't know how I feel about the mini QTEs, but I guess I will have to wait and see how it is in game.

-Same animations?

-Lack of WR/CB interaction

It looks like they just put a bit of a face lift on it. Honestly, I will have to play it and I will do that by renting it or something. If I like it, I may buy it, but for now I don't think so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 10:16 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Presentation looked fantastic. I really hope we can get all that stuff in online CFM sooner, rather than later. The SimChampions league would flourish with that.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:16 PM   #7
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Does the crowd ever sit down in their seats? It seems they were ALWAYS up on their feet cheering and going nuts and never sat back down regardless of what was happening on the field.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:17 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Not crazy about seeing Navorro Bowman on the kickoff team

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »