Home

A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

This is a discussion on A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2014, 10:38 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: A Full 15 Minutes of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Presentation looks much better, atmosphere sounds great and graphics are top notch.

Honestly, if Madden could just COMPLETELY re-write their locomotion to make movement look realistic and re-vamp animations this game would sky rocket in quality. Unfortunately, EA just refuses to bear down and entirely fix these glaring issues..
I would imagine that would be a massive task to completely redo all of their animations.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:40 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
Since EA can make a presentation that's identical to a CBS broadcast minus the logo and music, I wish they'd just go all in and make one similar to a FOX & NBC broadcast, as well as include ESPN integration for MNF.

That would go such a long way in regards to immersion, variation, and it would keep things very fresh in franchise modes.
That would be awesome. I remember the one year they had the studio set pieces. They should bring those back but only for like Monday night football or the Playoffs.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:43 PM   #19
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

I really like the new player models. Much better than previous Maddens.

Everything else is hard to say about. I need to see it and know that's at least on All Pro difficulty to really judge the game play.

Overall I'm looking forward to playing the demo. I'm not buying another madden until I play it for myself.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:47 PM   #20
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I really like the new player models. Much better than previous Maddens.

Everything else is hard to say about. I need to see it and know that's at least on All Pro difficulty to really judge the game play.

Overall I'm looking forward to playing the demo. I'm not buying another madden until I play it for myself.
i think we have a much better base to work with. i thought i read that the cone is off on all-pro on default but maybe thats all madden. because if that was the case we could tell they are definitely on pro. but either way they aren't on the highest.

but things we were trying to do with sliders last year are already happening in this video so for me im happy with that. i dont have to try to increase the pass rush anymore or make the QBs more inaccurate or try to make coverage perfect. Trying to make the CPU run defense exist. I think we are going to get a much more well rounded game than we got with M25 just from a couple of those stand points.

Last edited by wordtobigbird; 06-11-2014 at 10:50 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:48 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
I would imagine that would be a massive task to completely redo all of their animations.
I am sure it would, but this is a AAA game and is one of the biggest names in videogames. The animations and player movement have been the biggest problem since the just to XBOX 360 in 06'.

It is clear the Madden developers are now trying to make a high quality game. They have made significant strides in certain areas. However, the foundation of every game is movement and animations. Unfortunately, Madden is still light years behind other titles in that regard.

The NHL team went through a complete locomotion (skating) overhaul two years ago and did a phenomenal job. I am sure the Madden developers could do this as well if they made it a priority.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 10:50 PM   #22
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5

HEY CHARTER AND BIRD NOW THAT YOU GUYS HAVE SEEN THE VIDEO GET BACK TO MAKING SLIDERS WE NEED YOU LOL
Old 06-11-2014, 10:52 PM   #23
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

The game does look much better. The graphics have reached a level that I think does the sport justice.

That said, it also looks awful as soon as things start moving. There were literally four or five times where a player would be "standing" in place, whether after a play, or right in the middle of one, and they would just start floating a few feet in another direction. When you are making a game that is 75% about player movement, how does that happen?

QB animations look the same. Isn't that something they said they would work on for this year? Running animations look the same. It's funny to watch a pack of players running all with the exact same animation. No jostling in the secondary. Player interaction as a whole still looks messed up.

The good news is, this game isn't even close to being enough of a leap for me to feel bad about plugging NCAA in and playing it, this year.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 06-11-2014, 10:52 PM   #24
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

The offensive linemen quitting or blocking air after they are beaten was an issue last year as well. I asked Clint last year on twitter and he was kind enough to reply back. He acknowledged it was an issue they were looking to patch if possible. Well that never happened and it is an issue again, so I assume that this is another player interaction issue that they cannot fix.

I know they are trying, but they can't brag about being full on sim, and then leave basic football interaction issues like this in their game. Full on sim means starting over and fixing these issues instead of trying to cover them up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »