Home

EA Sports UFC Available Now, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Available Now, Post Your Impressions within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2014, 12:34 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC Available Now, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
One of my biggest issues from the demo has carried over to the retail copy. User stamina for me depletes way faster than the CPUs. The CPU can throw a 4 punch combination, mix in a kick and attempt a take down and have relatively little stamina loss, I throw 4 or 5 punches/kicks and I am wiped.
Have you played online yet? Online against good opposition is a much better experience than fighting the AI.

Also try playing around with not using the shoulder modifiers for strikes as much. I had a five round rivalry fight online with an EA employee where I stayed fresher than him because I used very few technique strikes early on.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:54 PM   #10
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

This is my impression from the thread that was closed.

Spoiler

I have played about 10 more matches vs the CPU. I play on Hard, Accel Clock ON (I honestly feel you will never see a five round decision without accel clock on until they tone down the strike output), HUD off

Just like before, everything I say is only regarding HUMAN vs CPU

I wouldn't go as far to say that all the fighers fight the same, but honestly, the only real difference I see is some guys go for takedowns and clinch more than others. Either way the CPU is pretty much always content on being aggressive and never really looking to fight defensively or counter. I'm honestly not sure there are actual "game plans" the CPU follows, I think it just has some ideas of what it wants to do based on what you do, and all those ideas seem to involve being aggressive. I don't feel like there is much chess match against the CPU as there should be.

I have lost a lot of fights, which is good, lack of challenge isn't a problem or anything like that, I just feel like, as I said in my other impression, it's just really arcadey. Not trying to pull the "Tekken" card out like it was in the other thread, but I just really wish there was a "sim" mode. I honestly don't feel like it plays out like real fights.

I knew that the roster was going to be a little small and we knew that a long time ago but I didn't quite realize how many guys are missing.

I also think the controls can feel a little "herky jerky" sometimes, it seems like certain scenarios just animate or control a little awkwardly.

I am going to dive into career mode today and see how that is.

Edit:

Please don't flame me, by the way. I know on this forum there has been a little bit of flaming for anyone who had negative things to say about the game. Please just let me have my opinion. I am not saying the game sucks. I haven't played it anywhere near long enough to give it a rating or render a verdict on it yet. These are just my EARLY impressions. I do not feel like I am right or anyone else is wrong, this is just my observations so far

Edit 2:

I know the dev team went to UFC 174. Well, there were some fights on that card that weren't very exciting, espcially Schaub vs Arlovski. Those kind of fights happen in real life. Sometimes matchups and game plans card to card combine for a crappy fight. I think in one round of that Schaub/Arlovski fight only 30 strikes were thrown total or something like that. That happens in the UFC sometimes. You will never see that kind of variation in this game, unfortunately

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

Last edited by The JareBear; 06-17-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:17 PM   #11
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Online is kind of easy so far. Most people have no takedown defense or gorund game. They just try to spam power shots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2014, 01:23 PM   #12
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9

So do ratings on the fighters even seem to matter? Or is almost always come down to the better player?
Old 06-17-2014, 01:24 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Have not went online yet but can tell you the roster is abysmal. I really cant think of too many intriguing matches and am gonna spend the rest of the day making cafs. I need someone for chuck to fight so im making randy and tito first.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:27 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Online is kind of easy so far. Most people have no takedown defense or gorund game. They just try to spam power shots.
We'll play later, then (I think I sent you a request over the weekend after I solicited online opponents for my review copy on Reddit).
Old 06-17-2014, 01:28 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
So do ratings on the fighters even seem to matter? Or is almost always come down to the better player?
In Championship, pretty early on (maybe late in white belt) I easily beat Cain using Mark Hunt fighting super technically, so that might be your answer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2014, 01:32 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedboy
Have not went online yet but can tell you the roster is abysmal. I really cant think of too many intriguing matches and am gonna spend the rest of the day making cafs. I need someone for chuck to fight so im making randy and tito first.
That's a ridiculous exaggeration.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »