Home

EA Sports UFC: Early Reviews Good to Mixed

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC: Early Reviews Good to Mixed within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2014, 04:12 PM   #9
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA Sports UFC: Early Reviews Good to Mixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS 1
Some of the responses from the game devs have been bizarre. Really, leg damage is a "health event" you can fully recover from to throw spinning kicks and Showtime kicks off the cage? WTF are they smoking over there?!
I see your point but lets try to be a little less aggressive toward the devs. From the TOS

VIP's
You will notice we have many VIP's who post here, designated by their name in a purple color. Many of them are game developers or guests at Operation Sports. They are to be respected at all times. If you want to interact with our VIP's, you are to keep the discussion mature and in a professional manner. Any type of attack will not be tolerated.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:17 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0
EA Sports UFC: Early Reviews Good to Mixed

That's not an attack or insult at all. It's not aggressive, it's an opinion. Weird rules.

Last edited by KRS 1; 06-17-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:21 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 4

This was the one game i have been looking forward to and it seems like a total let down....hated the demo. I want SIM gameplay not arcade....and from the reviews of the final game has just confirmed this....not buying :-(

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2014, 04:27 PM   #12
Pro

imfromhoiland's Arena

Quote:
That's not an attack or insult at all. It's not aggressive, it's an opinion. Weird rules.
See bold text:

Quote:
Some of the responses from the game devs have been bizarre. Really, leg damage is a "health event" you can fully recover from to throw spinning kicks and Showtime kicks off the cage? WTF are they smoking over there?!
Old 06-17-2014, 04:41 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by onac22
I think it sums up EA sports in general. Glad I waited for Gamefly on this one. Probably going to do the same with all EA sports releases, I just don't trust EA's quality lately, going with a rent then buy approach to all titles.
EA definitely has a highlight reel mentality when it comes to making their sports game. I don't agree with that approach, but I personally feel that this is their best sports title in a long time. Aside from NHL, I don't play hockey games so I can't comment there.

My first online ranked match, someone picked Jon Jones (shocking) and spammed all sorts of ridiculous kicks. He ended up knocking me out a minute into the 2nd round and to that point had thrown over 100 strikes total. Maybe it's my fault for not countering effectively, but it never seemed like his speed or power took a hit despite throwing so many strikes. So I never had much of an opportunity to get in on him.

My two exhibition fights on the other hand were a lot more methodical. My opponents actually played smart and fought at a realistic pace and implemented a real gameplan.

So, it seems like there's still something to be had here. For those who want a sim experience, it can still be found with the right opponents.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:46 PM   #14
Pro

wow you guys ban people that quickly
Old 06-17-2014, 05:15 PM   #15
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

i do think its rather silly i can give a leg "health event" and the guy has full use of his legs within a few minutes. 2 leg events and the guy should be barely able to move or throw his leg but i was still getting flying kicks ><
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2014, 05:17 PM   #16
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I think the reviews are pretty spot on so far, honestly. I think there are good things about the game and bad things about the game, and every review I have read so far seems to point them out, some more harshly than others. It's a pretty fun game. Not a 9 or 10 but definitely not a 1 or 2 either. When I look at metacritic and I read the summaries from the professional reviews I think they all seem accurate.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »