Home

EA Sports UFC: Early Reviews Good to Mixed

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC: Early Reviews Good to Mixed within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2014, 05:21 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: EA Sports UFC: Early Reviews Good to Mixed

Not getting the game, but I think with their first shot at it the reviews are good. Next year, and I know we hate that, but give them another year and hopefully the package is a bit deeper.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:25 PM   #18
Rookie

1NFAMOU5808's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Not getting the game, but I think with their first shot at it the reviews are good. Next year, and I know we hate that, but give them another year and hopefully the package is a bit deeper.
It's not a yearly title.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:24 PM   #19
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Every fight feels organic it's quite stunning actually minus maybe say a ugly10% of smoothness issue it's all very flowing. Graphically anyone can see THIS is next gen from player models skin bruising it's all so well done this first time around. I feel the arenas are very alike but watching any fight you see just the ring but I'd like more of a feel that it's the whole staples center MGM grand were in. Sad you can't make female fighters and sad that you can't have more created fighters sad I don't watch UFC to know who I am fighting with but this game has done something interesting .... It's made tomba interested in UFC =)
Old 06-17-2014, 09:46 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

wasn't overly impressed with the demo at all. transitions were stickier then they used to be.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:45 PM   #21

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

On my way home now to play the retail version. Assuming its not drastically different from the demo what I gathered was the game has potential its just it was obvious its a debut game. Its not deep in gameplay and features. I feel like this game can be very good in years to come though. Its a solid foundation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2014, 10:49 PM   #22
Rookie

Coolade's Arena

This game is amazing to me. It's a "foundation" builder for future titles, so my expectations have already been in check. They will release 2 or 3 more of these games, and what we have so far is great. I've only played online, I've gone 6 and 2. Lost to bruce lee and a flash leg kick KO to start a match. Playing humans is where the most fun is had. Haven't touched career mode yet.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:32 AM   #23
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
I'll give it a 7.9/10 which for me is good. I play on Pro and the lack of AI and non stop spam can drive you crazy. Also I don't even attempt submissions or mess with the ground game because the CPU is too dominant with guards, passes, and submissions.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:07 AM   #24
Rookie

jaredsmith83's Arena

I think once the stamina issue and the cpu ground dominance gets patched up, its going to be a lot better. Patience is rewarded against the computer though. Its not quite what a lot of us were expecting, but for its things we knock, it does have some things of beauty to it. I will agree about this being the foundation game. Remember how Undisputed 2009 was? Its a similar situation. They're learning the new system, the new engine, etc so now that this is out and they're getting input, things will hopefully be put in motion for change from there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »