Home

NHL 15 Screenshots - Consol Energy Center & Staples Center

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Screenshots - Consol Energy Center & Staples Center within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2014, 09:31 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 Screenshots - Consol Energy Center & Staples Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
They ran out of polygons for the fans so they had to make them shadows. Lol
more like they wanted the game to actually run at 60fps.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:47 AM   #18
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

All of these are great but they forgot the glowing section entrances in Staples Center. Other then that I can't wait to play in these arenas.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:04 AM   #19
Rookie

What?! A Pens fan is CLEARLY wearing Flyers underwear! Come on EA, I thought you said 'Authentic' arenas. I sure hope the bathrooms aren't in the wrong location at the Staples Center. That would make me really upset.

The things people get mad about is depressing. The point of these screen shots is to show off the power of next gen hardware with the new acquisition of arena names and structure. Stop nitpicking every single detail people. This is truly getting annoying.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:22 AM   #20
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

I don't usually nitpick about tiny details but this isn't that small of a detail, if you watched the Kings games on TV it's one of the first things you see when the camera zooms out. It's a defining detail of the stadium. If they don't have the glowing entrances it would be like playing in Nebraska without the Sea of Red.

Look at the bellow photo, you can see the correct entrances in the background to the right.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:39 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
I don't usually nitpick about tiny details but this isn't that small of a detail, if you watched the Kings games on TV it's one of the first things you see when the camera zooms out. It's a defining detail of the stadium. If they don't have the glowing entrances it would be like playing in Nebraska without the Sea of Red.

Look at the bellow photo, you can see the correct entrances in the background to the right.
I think he's referring to players not sitting on the correct side.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 11:57 AM   #22
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

It is a bummer they can't put the team on the right bench
Old 06-18-2014, 12:57 PM   #23
Rookie

brianski71's Arena

Consol looks pretty good, I guess. But don't we expect that from a PS4/Xbox One game? The mistakes are what kills me. As someone who goes to 10-15 games a year, it's WAY too dark. As has been noted, the benches are wrong. I guess I don't really mind the "Mitsubishi Electric" logo being replaced by a Honda ad on the jumbotron, but to me if you can't get the real company, why not just leave it black? I do like the detail that they at least seemed to get relatively close to the real scoreboard arrangement/fonts...but DEAR GOD, when will EA get rid of the cheesy "Make Some Noise" tickets that go around the LED ribbons? For God's sake, can it be that hard to just come up with some sort of animated Pens logo? And throw in some generic goal and penalty messages? This totally ruins the arena realism for me. Every 21st century arena has these LED boards all around them, and if they're all displaying awful, generic, 10 year old EA messages? Totally ruins the progress of then arenas themselves looking so good.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:37 PM   #24
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

EA are the ones to boast about these arenas being spot-on. I don't see how some people can call-out the other people who spot the major issues wrong with them. EA releases 4 arena pics and 25% of them already have major errors. Not to mention Consol is nearly in 75% darkness for some reason. What was the point of creating 9,000 unique fans for the rinks if you cannot even see them because it is pitch black in every section above the 100's?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »