Home

NHL 15 Screenshot - Patrice Bergeron

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Screenshot - Patrice Bergeron within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2014, 05:58 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 15 Screenshot - Patrice Bergeron

Check out the latest NHL 15 screenshot featuring Patrice Bergeron. From the looks of it, he didn't get a facial scan.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 06-22-2014 at 11:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2014, 07:00 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 Screenshot - Patrice Bergeron

It's the same very old face they use for him in current gen, just polished up a bit. Still not really what he looks like any more. His cyber in NHL 14 is like 8 years old. He has longer hair and a baby face. He now has a more square jaw, a crew cut and perpetual 5 o'clock shadow, looking about 10 years older. This is the exact same cyber he had all the way back in NHL 2007 or so. It's just more high def now. I will say though, the helmet and overall player model looks great. EA is really terrible with faces and player likeness though. Not sure why they would advertise it as one of this year's wow factors when it's clearly one of their biggest weaknesses. Player faces are either wildly inaccurate or extremely dated and players have no differentiation in how they wear their gear or tape their sticks or whether they're thick or thin or how they stand/skate. Player likeness is definitely not a strong suit for EA.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:44 PM   #3
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

That.... that just doesn't look like him.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:47 PM   #4
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
It's the same very old face they use for him in current gen, just polished up a bit. Still not really what he looks like any more. His cyber in NHL 14 is like 8 years old. He has longer hair and a baby face. He now has a more square jaw, a crew cut and perpetual 5 o'clock shadow, looking about 10 years older. This is the exact same cyber he had all the way back in NHL 2007 or so. It's just more high def now. I will say though, the helmet and overall player model looks great. EA is really terrible with faces and player likeness though. Not sure why they would advertise it as one of this year's wow factors when it's clearly one of their biggest weaknesses. Player faces are either wildly inaccurate or extremely dated and players have no differentiation in how they wear their gear or tape their sticks or whether they're thick or thin or how they stand/skate. Player likeness is definitely not a strong suit for EA.
Agreed. So far, all of the player faces have been pretty disappointing. The jerseys and lighting look incredible, and i don't know that any other game has arenas that look as accurate as the ones in NHL15, but the player faces still look pretty weak. Unless they're just running with old face models until the new ones are in (though this seems odd, since i can't imagine you would show so many screen captures of old models you planned on replacing).

They need to snag someone from FIFA, and one of the guys from the Show and just sit them down with a computer, and some face shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
That.... that just doesn't look like him.

I don't understand EA's logic behind these. Show Subban who looks pretty great. Why do they keep highlighting the faces that don't look very good? Kane and Toews at least looked decent, the video made it seem like Tavares may actually somehow look less like himself than before, though it was hard to tell.

Last edited by actionhank; 06-22-2014 at 08:56 PM.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:11 PM   #5
Just started!

the video made it seem like Tavares may actually somehow look less like himself than before, though it was hard to tell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2014, 09:59 PM   #6
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Typical.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2014, 10:50 PM   #7
Banned

Solarstar11's Arena

EA is usually really lazy when it comes to creating faces for NHL players.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:29 AM   #8
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

I really usually never nitpick over a single screenshot, but since it is all that EA feels like dangling at this point then I will point out things like so often happens online.

First thing that I noticed was the ice flying up. I thought, "cool." Then I looked at it for a second longer and said to myself "why is there ice flying everywhere on this pic?" There is hardly a real pic of a hockey game where there is that much ice flying up for three players that aren't all power-stopping for a puck in the crease or something. Tone it down, EA! I get that you want to show off the new graphics cause lord knows you are staying away from the gameplay, but think about what you are showcasing and get it right before you pound your chest about it being upgraded and amazing.

Just my 2 cents.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »