Home

NHL 15 Cover Athlete is Patrice Bergeron - New In-Game Video Footage Included

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Cover Athlete is Patrice Bergeron - New In-Game Video Footage Included within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2014, 09:35 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm glad they worked on 9000 unique models for the crowd and barely any new face scans for the players...
Old 06-24-2014, 10:10 PM   #10
Pro

Re: NHL 15 Cover Athlete is Patrice Bergeron - New In-Game Video Footage Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Factory
I'm glad they worked on 9000 unique models for the crowd and barely any new face scans for the players...
Yeah, it's pretty baffling considering how much work the players' faces need. 9,000 unique fans, many with face paint, which doesn't even make sense in a hockey audience, and they are not only unique in appearance but in behavior apparently (Rammer has on several occasions mentioned how cool it is that some fans in the crowd will be seen taking selfies... because THAT is truly vital to improving the game!!). I don't get that at all. Instead of 9,000 fans how about 1,000? Or how about doing the players FIRST and working on the crowds a year or two later, once the players have actually been done. EA's priorities on that one are baffling. So far in several images of Bergeron he looks absolutely NOTHING like himself and now he is confirmed as the cover athlete, so every time you take out the disc or load the game and see him during the intro you will be reminded of how terribly inaccurate he looks in the game. Don't really get it. You'd think that in all the time they may have spent with Bergeron signing a contract and working on promotional material and such that they could simply get an updated scan so that AT LEAST their cover athlete could look realistic.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:30 PM   #11
ERA
MVP

ERA's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 15 Cover Athlete is Patrice Bergeron - New In-Game Video Footage Included

I would have much rather had P.K. on the cover..

As much as I hate the Bruins, that cover is pretty sweet.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

Chelsea FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2014, 12:20 AM   #12
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

What the **** did I just watch?

Love Bergeron on the cover, though they're both great players so it was a win-win situation either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2014, 01:28 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 10
I WANT!!
2 1/2 more months...
Old 06-25-2014, 02:58 AM   #14
Rookie

giantsharks's Arena

OVR: 3

Phil Kessel has the best player scan so far in my opinion. Logan Couture looked awful and he was huge, wasn't expecting jason demers to look like himself but jeez he was so tan! I know thats a weird thing to complain about but if i notice it, then its bad. Gameplay looked pretty awesome. Really excited to see more gameplay but so far with all the "unprecedented player likeness" then has been hyped so much, im a little disappointed.
Golden State Warriors
Old 06-25-2014, 06:05 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Way off-topic gripe!
Why does the NHL continue to do horribly dorky things like having a dance troupe perform before revealing the winner?
Remember a few years ago they had dancers on roller blades, with nothing but a helmet and hockey pants skate around the stage?
Without the rest of the equipment, it looked like they were wearing diapers.

I've gotten to the point where I wish the NHL would adopt the NBA's way of dealing with awards. Just hand them out during the playoffs and ditch the ceremony all-together.

As far as the footage, I really liked that move TJ Oshie pulled off. I liked that quick side-step he made. I hope we can do those quick side steps anywhere on the ice (but only for guys with great skating and deking abilities).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2014, 07:49 AM   #16
Rookie

Saint Iscah's Arena

Well now that I've seen the Jabbawockeez perform I am sold on buying this game.

Man EA / NHL really knows what their fans want.

Last edited by Saint Iscah; 06-25-2014 at 08:11 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »