Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 Impressions, Screenshots, Podcasts & More

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 Impressions, Screenshots, Podcasts & More within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2014, 04:08 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
Where exactly is the gameplay trailer that is supposed to drop today? Is it coming later?
officialpes channel has the vid. It feels more sizzle, and it's only 48 seconds long. Getting a crapload of negative comments though.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:11 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
The vid is here now
Old 06-25-2014, 04:15 PM   #11
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC1980
officialpes channel has the vid. It feels more sizzle, and it's only 48 seconds long. Getting a crapload of negative comments though.
I can see why. I was expecting a longer and more fleshed out trailer. It really felt like a second teaser.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2014, 04:51 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 Impressions, Screenshots, Podcasts & More

Unfortunately it sounds like the Fox Engine might still be a work in progress. Hopefully they can get things sorted out in time for release.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:49 PM   #13
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

I've listened the PES United Podcast (as I trust their opinions because they aren't fanboys and say stuff just like it is) and it was really informative. It's like two hours long and is NSFW but it's worth listening if you've the time, they went very in depth analyzing the PES 2015 E3 demo.

Basically they said that PES 2015 is what 2014 should've been which gives me mixed feeling, on one hand it's good that they've improved from the last year's disappointing release and didn't begin from scratch again but then I wanted and/or expected more now that it'll be released on next-gen consoles; I keep reading and listening that PES 2015 will be the base to build from but then PES 2015 was intended to be that so in the end it was a wasted year and it baffles me more the decision to skip the next-gen version last year.

Despite that there're some interesting things, there isn't anything broken from what they've played, it's responsive in part thanks to the 60fps but isn't unrealistically responsive, there will be a new rating system, Konami was very open to critics and kept on asking feedback from the build and player individuality is back after being not noticeable in 2014.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:00 AM   #14
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

I always looked at last year as a beta for the new Fox engine. It was pretty obvious that last-gen consoles didn't really have the muscle to run it wide open. So even though the engine will make its next-gen debut this year, many of the wrinkles should be worked out and we won't see an "NBA Live" thing happening.

I do love the licenses that FIFA has but always found PES gameplay to be so much more organic and enjoyable that it is worth the trade off. I know a lot of people cannot get over the license issue and even more have no idea what an option file is. While I am excited to see what new licenses Konami has acquired I know they cannot begin to make a dent in EAs stranglehold. What I would really like is if PES2015 introduces some type of "2K locker" so Xbox One and PS4 owners could upload, trade and install option files right from the game. Adding this ease of use, with the community support PES gets, would go a long way to close the gap on FIFA.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:39 AM   #15
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

OVR: 5

ugh. they need to blow people away with this game. it's NG, its time to put up or stick a fork in it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2014, 09:02 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 3

Personally speaking, I think PES 2014 is great, after getting bored of FIFA and the ridiculousness of some of the animations I got PES 2014 off PS+ and I haven't looked back. It is kind've bare bones though, and if getting a new system is what it takes to enjoy the Fox Engine as it's supposed to be, then it is what it is. Gonna wait until I hear more about this years edition before I make the jump though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »