Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2014, 01:19 PM   #17
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
From what's been put out thus far, I have yet to hear any "WOW" factor from the community as Next-Gen stuff is released.

Am I missing something?
Are we doing the "It's an early build"/ "Maybe Next Year" thing all over again for the Xbox1/PS4 consoles?

I've been expecting something jaw dropping by EA to be showcased since they're the only football being released on these new consoles and i'm just not seeing it at all.

Bigger, better systems but much of the same overall clunky gameplay mechanics.
(the dump to Gore to the left, he gets hit, then does some funky stumble spin-backwards for 5 yrds animation)

The other thing, and it 's major because it has carried over from current Gen, is the intensity of the Goal Line play.
It's still based off a "gap" being presented for the ball carrier to run through vs yrds/TD being earned by driving "THROUGH" contact.

There's simply no intensity by the Defense to get to the ball carrier.
The programming is still done to "allow" themselves to consistently get caught up in blocking animations that again, lack any intensity to get to/prevent the ball carrier from gaining yards.

I'm lost...
S.O.S. for Madden WOW factor on Next-Gen systems!!!
You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig. I'm referencing the somewhat upgraded yearly graphics but clunky junky legacy animations of the Madden series.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:21 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5
It looks much better then M25. It is getting there. I hope to see more gameplay other then this E3 demo. I would loved to see how the half-time show/presentation is. Not looking too bad so far!...A good sign of things to come!
Old 06-27-2014, 01:34 PM   #19
EA Game Changer

SmittyD81's Arena

The issue here is that, what we as a community on all different websites and forums across the web aren't really demanding for anything that has "pop" or is "sexy" or contains a "WOW" factor. The only aspect in my opinion that has had any kind of "WOW" factor was the introduction of the Infinity Engine. Of the following, what screams out "WOW" that we've demanded for:

-DB/WR Interactions
-Pass Trajectories
-respective footplanting
-OLine/DLine interactions/logic/animations
-legitimate accurate/inaccurate throws by qbs
-Variety in WR/DB/LB catch animations
-Unique Running styles
-Variety in CPU Playbook/Coaching Style and Strategies
-Improvements on Progressive seasonal/in-game fatigue
-Better player injury system
-Revamp the penalty/on-field challenge system

There's much, much more that can be listed here, but from this list alone, there's NOTHING that screams OMG!!! Over the years, we've made huge demands for small changes that'll go a long way, but it fell on deaf ears. Now this team is working to restore what wasn't being done before by adding those "small changes", but they're not all gonna leap out at you because they're the "little things".

At the end of the day, if the game doesn't do it for you, leave it on the shelf until they deliver what you truly desire.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:38 PM   #20
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Video - Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers (Smitty)

Are graphics and animations in the same category? To me, it looks great, clearly big upgrades to visuals, and clearly still way way way lacking in how it animates. I feel like this is pretty much concrete fact at this point based in every video so far giving the same impression, at least we know what to expect there.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:40 PM   #21
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyD81
The issue here is that, what we as a community on all different websites and forums across the web aren't really demanding for anything that has "pop" or is "sexy" or contains a "WOW" factor. The only aspect in my opinion that has had any kind of "WOW" factor was the introduction of the Infinity Engine. Of the following, what screams out "WOW" that we've demanded for:

-DB/WR Interactions
-Pass Trajectories
-respective footplanting
-OLine/DLine interactions/logic/animations
-legitimate accurate/inaccurate throws by qbs
-Variety in WR/DB/LB catch animations
-Unique Running styles
-Variety in CPU Playbook/Coaching Style and Strategies
-Improvements on Progressive seasonal/in-game fatigue
-Better player injury system
-Revamp the penalty/on-field challenge system

There's much, much more that can be listed here, but from this list alone, there's NOTHING that screams OMG!!! Over the years, we've made huge demands for small changes that'll go a long way, but it fell on deaf ears. Now this team is working to restore what wasn't being done before by adding those "small changes", but they're not all gonna leap out at you because they're the "little things".

At the end of the day, if the game doesn't do it for you, leave it on the shelf until they deliver what you truly desire.
I can respect that Smitty, yet I'm sure you're well aware of the sentiment that why does it have to be either or? The game should be capable of presenting a "WOW" factor and becoming more fundamentally solid. When you look at games like The Show and NBA2k, even with their understandable flaws, you get all that, in one package.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2014, 01:48 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrtkolman
Just very meh overall to me.
me too, graphics look good though.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:56 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

No wonder penalties don't get called, the refs hats cover their eyes lol

Old 06-27-2014, 02:13 PM   #24
EA Game Changer

SmittyD81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I can respect that Smitty, yet I'm sure you're well aware of the sentiment that why does it have to be either or? The game should be capable of presenting a "WOW" factor and becoming more fundamentally solid. When you look at games like The Show and NBA2k, even with their understandable flaws, you get all that, in one package.
MLB the show is on it's own level at this point. 2k isn't even at that level with all the gameplay shortcomings that still remain virtually untouched for 5+ years and lacks core basketball fundamental integrity.

I'd rather have a game build up progressively and eventually hit you with the full on OMG and WOW factors, than just masking clear as day gameplay issues with front-loading the game with a dump truck load of animations and modes to try and take attention away from the blatant flawed gameplay that many have urged to be fixed. I'm saying this and I love 2k Sports, but they need a fire lit under their rear when it comes to some things to take their game (which almost has it all imo) over the top.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »