Home

NHL 15 Screenshots - TD Garden & The Pepsi Center

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Screenshots - TD Garden & The Pepsi Center within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2014, 08:58 PM   #17
Rookie

meep316's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 15 Screenshots - TD Garden & The Pepsi Center

With regards to the Bruins being on the wrong bench, it's just a lack of attention to detail. It's not a game breaking thing or anything like that, but it just shows that they don't care enough to actually get it right. I mean it's the first thing I notice, the teams being on the wrong bench. The only reason why people talk about it so much, is because EA sets themselves up by preaching so much about arena authenticity, blah blah blah, and then they do that.

The fact that they've put so much emphasis on the fans in the crowd, and the real versions of Doc and Eddie being in the game (who cares about this?? Honestly. So they put them in front of a big screen, who the hell cares??? Yet Rammer hypes it as something that "no other sports game has ever done". which is technically true, but it's not even something that is remotely intriguing. People will watch it once and then skip it. God they annoy me.) should all be red flags that the gameplay and AI, and the real things that need to be fixed and improved, will not be.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:07 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
With regards to the Bruins being on the wrong bench, it's just a lack of attention to detail. It's not a game breaking thing or anything like that, but it just shows that they don't care enough to actually get it right. I mean it's the first thing I notice, the teams being on the wrong bench. The only reason why people talk about it so much, is because EA sets themselves up by preaching so much about arena authenticity, blah blah blah, and then they do that.

The fact that they've put so much emphasis on the fans in the crowd, and the real versions of Doc and Eddie being in the game (who cares about this?? Honestly. So they put them in front of a big screen, who the hell cares??? Yet Rammer hypes it as something that "no other sports game has ever done". which is technically true, but it's not even something that is remotely intriguing. People will watch it once and then skip it. God they annoy me.) should all be red flags that the gameplay and AI, and the real things that need to be fixed and improved, will not be.
I care, seeing the outside of the arena before games and a properly presented intro with the PBP team to me is f'in awesome. I love immersion like that in sports games, but I'm one of those people who doesn't skip through replays and just likes to soak it all in and enjoy it. Nor am I the type to turn off commentary even if some of the old recorded lines from Thorne and Clement were cheesy as hell, if they truly have had Doc and Edzo be given a situation, then just freeform it 10 different ways so that the commentary sounds real, rather than canned, I'll be a happy camper on that front. For years people whined about presentation. Now EA goes all out on presentation and the same handful who complain every year, are still complaining.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:09 PM   #19
Banned

twelveone's Arena

Can anyone confirm if every single stadium will be in NHL 15? Im going to be very unhappy is the United Center is omitted once again. I don't understand how NBA 2k14 and earlier have the United Center rights, but sports gaming "giant" EA Sports doesnt. The United Center was in these NHL games before too, that's what really chaps my ***.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:13 PM   #20

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelveone
Can anyone confirm if every single stadium will be in NHL 15? Im going to be very unhappy is the United Center is omitted once again. I don't understand how NBA 2k14 and earlier have the United Center rights, but sports gaming "giant" EA Sports doesnt. The United Center was in these NHL games before too, that's what really chaps my ***.
Each arena will be in, having the actual name is a different matter.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:41 AM   #21
Rookie

meep316's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
I care, seeing the outside of the arena before games and a properly presented intro with the PBP team to me is f'in awesome. I love immersion like that in sports games, but I'm one of those people who doesn't skip through replays and just likes to soak it all in and enjoy it. Nor am I the type to turn off commentary even if some of the old recorded lines from Thorne and Clement were cheesy as hell, if they truly have had Doc and Edzo be given a situation, then just freeform it 10 different ways so that the commentary sounds real, rather than canned, I'll be a happy camper on that front. For years people whined about presentation. Now EA goes all out on presentation and the same handful who complain every year, are still complaining.
The presentation means nothing if the gameplay and AI still sucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2014, 02:47 AM   #22
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

Quote:
I feel you on this one. I've played digital hockey/basketball/boxing in "New York Arena" far too many times.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:28 PM   #23
Rookie

PhillyGuy11826's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
It's Chicago Arena in UFC, so I wouldn't get my hopes up
Old 06-30-2014, 03:37 PM   #24
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGuy11826
It's Chicago Arena in UFC, so I wouldn't get my hopes up
I think each franchise has to negotiate rights separately, though. For example, Madison Square Garden is in NBA Live 14, but not NHL 14 (where it's "New York Arena").

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »