Home

Operation Sports Welcomes Dynasty Nation - Create Your Dynasty Now!

This is a discussion on Operation Sports Welcomes Dynasty Nation - Create Your Dynasty Now! within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2014, 02:21 AM   #17
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Operation Sports Welcomes Dynasty Nation - Create Your Dynasty Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhogan3132
This is amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Those were my thoughts the first time I ever saw it, too. If you need help, just ask.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 07-03-2014, 12:00 AM   #18
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Just checked out this other site and I have to say I was a little underwhelmed. I think the 2 main plusses I saw were 1) Compared to OS threads, the Dynasty Nation pages look a bit more like the MLB.com team page layout with tabs that lead to specific areas and 2) the lack of archiving a ton of individual posts (previous posts are stored as links on a history page) into a single thread that may grow to several tens of pages and be unwieldy to catch up on for new readers.

Other than that, all of the dynasties that I looked at, while fine, looked pretty much to be clones of one another regarding the formatting. I'm not sure from what I saw that I would take the step of making a separate account (if needed) and transferring over there. It looks like, via OS, we already have comparable functionality and options for adding images/text/stats as there are on Dynasty Nation. I also did not particularly like that the webpage format was a little busy with things like season stats, an article, MiLB standings, top prospects, and several other things all sharing the same page. It was a little bit busy looking.

One of the great strengths of current OS dynasties is the large variety in style and formatting and I don't know enough about DN to say if that's possible, but it did not appear to be from the handful of dynasties I looked at.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:05 AM   #19
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

OVR: 4

It might take a while for me to get used to Dynasty Nation but it looks promising to me so far.

One question though: How do you make those epic backgrounds? Mine is still generic and I have no clue how to do it correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-03-2014, 05:56 PM   #20
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTheGreat20
It might take a while for me to get used to Dynasty Nation but it looks promising to me so far.

One question though: How do you make those epic backgrounds? Mine is still generic and I have no clue how to do it correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have made the backgrounds for many, many people on there. If you have a request just let me know, I'm going to try and get a couple knocked out today.

Here's some examples of the one's I've done...

http://dynastynation.operationsports...pic_id=176&p=1

Streaming on Twitch
Old 07-03-2014, 05:57 PM   #21
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Just checked out this other site and I have to say I was a little underwhelmed. I think the 2 main plusses I saw were 1) Compared to OS threads, the Dynasty Nation pages look a bit more like the MLB.com team page layout with tabs that lead to specific areas and 2) the lack of archiving a ton of individual posts (previous posts are stored as links on a history page) into a single thread that may grow to several tens of pages and be unwieldy to catch up on for new readers.

Other than that, all of the dynasties that I looked at, while fine, looked pretty much to be clones of one another regarding the formatting. I'm not sure from what I saw that I would take the step of making a separate account (if needed) and transferring over there. It looks like, via OS, we already have comparable functionality and options for adding images/text/stats as there are on Dynasty Nation. I also did not particularly like that the webpage format was a little busy with things like season stats, an article, MiLB standings, top prospects, and several other things all sharing the same page. It was a little bit busy looking.

One of the great strengths of current OS dynasties is the large variety in style and formatting and I don't know enough about DN to say if that's possible, but it did not appear to be from the handful of dynasties I looked at.
To each their own. I absolutely love it.

Streaming on Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2014, 07:10 PM   #22
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

So I signed up for the site and looked around, and I guess you can't do a be-a-pro mode (such as NBA 2K's MyCareer) on DN, can you?

If you can, I couldn't find any. Just teams.

I get that it's called Dynasty Nation and not Career Nation, but...
Old 07-05-2014, 02:14 AM   #23
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

I've done a mode like this before. I did one for a Road to the Show player one time. Here's the link...

http://dynastynation.operationsports...RTTS&sport=mlb

Streaming on Twitch
Old 07-05-2014, 08:35 PM   #24
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I've done a mode like this before. I did one for a Road to the Show player one time. Here's the link...

http://dynastynation.operationsports...RTTS&sport=mlb
Ah, thank you, sir.

Don't get me wrong, you guys seem to do an awesome job with be-a-GM/owner modes--the website looks like it has some great tools to use in telling and keeping track of a sports story.

But, well...let me put it this way.

I have Autism Spectrum Disorder (that's the official name now, for some reason), and I was really, REALLY hoping Royce White (who has an anxiety disorder) would succeed in the NBA...but instead, he not only became a complete embarrassment, he never even played a single minute of NBA basketball.

Meanwhile, Chris Wright didn't let multiple sclerosis stop him from playing in an NBA game. He even scored two points--two more than Royce White will ever score. Granted, it was in garbage time, but still.

Jason Collins...well, good for him for coming out of the closet and all, but...since when was he any GOOD at this level? There's a reason it took so long for a team to sign him, and it had nothing to do with who he kisses. (Of course, this begs the question of how he was able to make a roster year after year...)

Thus, if it can't be done in the real league, I want to try it in video game form.

I want to make the first NBA player that's known to be autistic. And can not only compete at the highest level of his beloved sport, but SUCCEED there. And I wanted to use this new site to do it.

Again, thank you for the effort you and your team have put into this place.

Spoiler

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ »