Home

NHL 15 Screenshots - Honda Center & Xcel Energy Center

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Screenshots - Honda Center & Xcel Energy Center within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2014, 06:43 PM   #25
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 15 Screenshots - Honda Center & Xcel Energy Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Please tell me what else you would like people to talk about then?

We have no gameplay to talk about, all we have is some screens.

It's a forum, people are pointing out inaccuracies with the screens, it's not a big deal. You've clearly been here longer than your join date indicates since you brought it up but OS has ALWAYS been this way.

And again, what's wrong with it? I haven't seen anyone say they aren't buying it because of the inaccuracies, I've seen only a few say negative things towards EA about it, it's just people discussing the few things we have to discuss.

Me personally? I don't care, as long as the gameplay is good and as long as the teams being on the wrong bench doesn't change the short/long changes (and there is no evidence that it does) then it has no bearing on me and is just aesthetics.

If however, these teams being on the wrong bench affect the changes that would be a significant gameplay factor so it's not as minor as some of you seem to make it out to be.

Again, doesn't appear to be an issue at all but that's with no gameplay evidence to back it up.

Banners being in the wrong place? Again, don't think anyone cares enough about it to say they wouldn't buy the game but pointing it out harms who?

If you are looking for a forum where everyone just comments on every screen and says nothing more than that is gorgeous you aren't going to find it.
The reason he has been here longer than his join date is because he was previously banned for basically the same stuff you are talking about. Apparently the nitpicking and whining that he hates so much just keeps bringing him back. Unless you agree with him, you are basically an idiot for thinking differently than him. There's almost no point in even posting on here anymore because he is either A) Trying to stir the pot(check out his unnecessary first post in the PK Subban screen shot thread) or B) Hating on the people who point out things they don't like. I don't get why someone who continuously posts about how they hate the negativity on the site keeps coming back to post every day. That just doesn't seem worth it or make any sense but whatever. His attitude is the reason I've tried limiting my posts. I don't need him trying to call me out for the idiotic viewpoints I have. Anyway I'll stop now so I don't get banned.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2014, 11:06 PM   #26
MVP

ricky24's Arena

OVR: 0

Screenshots look good. Can't wait for this game.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:45 AM   #27
Rookie

giantsharks's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
People make a big deal because it eventually gets old wading through topics of pure toxic year in year out. OS didn't used to be like this. At least not to the level it's at now where 95% of the posts in any EA related game sub forum are full to the brim of XX series sucks because "insert nitpick here"

Some of the complaints are valid, no doubt, alot of them however reek of entitlement more often than not.
Maybe that says something more about EA games then it does about peoples attitude. Im a huge sports fan specifically hockey and baseball. Every game is obviously not gonna please everyone in all aspects but there is a reason why this forum is riddled with complaints and the show isnt. The show has a really good base and seems to actually improve every year. People in the show forums might complain but have an overall positive view on the game. I would say its more of the quality of the game more then people seeming "entitled," whatever that means when it comes to a video game.
Golden State Warriors
Old 07-07-2014, 02:56 AM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsharks
Maybe that says something more about EA games then it does about peoples attitude. Im a huge sports fan specifically hockey and baseball. Every game is obviously not gonna please everyone in all aspects but there is a reason why this forum is riddled with complaints and the show isnt. The show has a really good base and seems to actually improve every year. People in the show forums might complain but have an overall positive view on the game. I would say its more of the quality of the game more then people seeming "entitled," whatever that means when it comes to a video game.
The Show forums have their share of complaints as well, as high as NBA2k is rated that forum does as well. You're right though, you're never going to please everyone, and there's plenty of legit gameplay issues with NHL to chirp about. Thickness of glass stanchions though.. really?
Old 07-07-2014, 03:48 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 24

(In Allen Iverson voice)

I can see if the center logo was way off, or even missing, how that might be a huge issue. I know that.
But we're talking bout stanchions! I mean, how silly is that!? We're talking bout stanchions man! I mean, what are we talking bout? Stanchions!?

Last edited by Segagendude; 07-07-2014 at 06:22 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #30
Rookie

Mgbleu1986's Arena

I don't know why people get so upset when other's point out inaccuracies. People can say all the good things in the world about a picture and that's fine but when someone points out something wrong with a pic, people go crazy. The arenas look great but at the same time things are wrong with them. It's EA so no one should be surprised. For all you EA fan boys, relax!
Old 07-07-2014, 12:33 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbleu1986
I don't know why people get so upset when other's point out inaccuracies. People can say all the good things in the world about a picture and that's fine but when someone points out something wrong with a pic, people go crazy. The arenas look great but at the same time things are wrong with them. It's EA so no one should be surprised. For all you EA fan boys, relax!
You're confusing upset with indifference to be honest. With all the things to get up about in the world never mind the game itself, complaining about imperfect stanchions in a video game falls into the "first world problems" category.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2014, 12:50 PM   #32
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

I can understand the frustration with people if they just dump on the game nonstop, but there are legitimate criticisms to be had from what we've seen.

I think the graphics look great. The lighting and arenas all look incredible. The players sweaters look great, especially with how the lighting hits them. That said, a lot of the player faces we've seen leave a bit to be desired. And the way the jerseys move looks a bit odd in action, but these are all based on a very early build of the game. So, a lot could change, but there's also probably a fair bit that won't. For all we know, it could be due to the support of PS3 and the 360 keeping them from really upping the model's poly counts. Who knows?

My main gripe though, is that based on the gameplay I've seen (And i take into account the guys playing with no real idea what they were doing) the AI didn't look much different, and the way players bumped into each other looked exactly the same.
I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing that out, or discussing it. I think it's over the top when people go "Oh, great. Exact same game. Not buying", but that to me is just as crazy as people seeing a screenshot of the inside of an arena and saying "Can't wait. This game will be perfect!". Both are based on nothing more than either a standstill screen, or a 2 minute video.
Discussing the game as long as you stay reasonable, and at least try to acknowledge that the game isn't A. Close to finished in what you're seeing, or even currently, and B. Isn't released. You shouldn't base your purchase choices entirely off of a short clip, or a screenshot.
But, to not discuss the flaws of the game (Especially when certain things have been around for some time, without ever really being addressed, like that obnoxious bouncing dump-in) would be just as disingenuous as pretending like a screen cap of the Honda Center just earned the game the 2014 Sports Game of the Year award.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »