Home

NASCAR '14 Patch Has Finally Arrived

This is a discussion on NASCAR '14 Patch Has Finally Arrived within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2014, 07:36 AM   #1
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
NASCAR '14 Patch Has Finally Arrived

After announcing an upcoming NASCAR '14 patch way back in April, the NASCAR '14 team has finally released it.

Check out some of the details below.

Quote:
Hey all, thanks for getting in contact with us about the update. For those having the following issues, they are due to the transition between the original game and the update, you will need to restart your entire career / season, not just a race, in order for the changes to take full effect.

• Caution comes out before restart.
• Car won't clear the track
• Even after restarting the race, the 87 car won't clear the track
• Qualifying undefined so players can't get to race
• Won't load on single player
• Can't play Watkins Glen

We are also aware of an issue with players who try to make two sets of pit stop adjustments while qualifying and the Chase Elliott car name. Our team is looking into this.

Not a lot of good feedback so far. A couple of people have posted some photos of what they are seeing early.

Read the full press release below.

Gamers Are the First to Experience New Chase for the Sprint Cup Format with Updated NASCAR® ‘14

Deep Silver announced today the availability of a free, robust gameplay update for the hit racing game NASCAR® ’14 that will allow gamers to be the first to experience NASCAR’s new Chase for the Sprint Cup format.

Developed by ETX Racing, the NASCAR ’14 gameplay update features the expanded Chase field of 16 drivers and new round-by-round advancement format that will decide the next NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion. The free gameplay update also includes the changes outlined below. A full list of improvements is available on the ETX Racing web site, www.ETXRacing.com.
  • New qualifying and Chase format rules announced by NASCAR in early 2014
  • Additional drivers to complete a full field of 43 Sprint Cup drivers
  • Various gameplay refinements around pitting, decals and paint, and the online private lobby
  • Difficulty setting adjustments designed to bring AI closer to the selected level
  • Adjustments to Darlington and Kansas race lengths
NASCAR ’14 launched in February to rave reviews, including from AutoWeek.com who promised the game will “...win fans over,” Operation Sports.com who said, “the game is just flat out fun to race” and Bleacher Report reported, “because the gameplay and career mode is solid, this game will get the majority of my virtual racing attention.”

A perfect racing season companion, NASCAR fans can look forward to regular NASCAR ‘14 paint schemes and Highlights DLC packs throughout the season, which concludes with the final race at Homestead-Miami Speedway in November. This is your chance to live the moment.
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2014, 07:43 AM   #2
MVP

brandon27's Arena

Re: Updated NASCAR '14 Patch News, Free Daytona 500 DLC Pack Arrives After Patch Rele

So i tried to run a Race at Atlanta... Set the session for Practice, Qualifying, and Race.

I can select how long the practice session should be. Then I go to select the Qualifying time. The only thing that shows up is "undefined". So... no big deal I guess... go into the race. It's frozen now on the loading screen showing me the track stats.

Great job guys, Great job...

Edit: Tried rebooting then trying again... Set up for Vegas this time... Still froze on the loading screen for the race. Unreal.

I checked their forums real quickly... some guys saying you have to delete all your game data from the hard drive to make it work. Some saying its not worth it as the AI race 5 wide at New Hampshire still. I don't have patience for this before work. I'll check in today from work, hopefully you guys have much better luck.

Last edited by brandon27; 07-08-2014 at 07:47 AM.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:39 AM   #3
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Updated NASCAR '14 Patch News, Free Daytona 500 DLC Pack Arrives After Patch Rele

Patch is live on PS3.

I just quickly tried a single player game at Kansas. Seemed like it was easier to maintain a line with the controller but maybe I'm just looking for something to be different. Just ran a few laps, though. Don't know much about anything else. Would be interested to hear other feedback.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:07 PM   #4
MVP

brandon27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdoc85
Patch is live on PS3.

I just quickly tried a single player game at Kansas. Seemed like it was easier to maintain a line with the controller but maybe I'm just looking for something to be different. Just ran a few laps, though. Don't know much about anything else. Would be interested to hear other feedback.
Hopefully some of you guys are having good experiences out there. I am at work now, but spent some time reading on their official forums, seems like there's still alot of unhappy people out there. Many on Xbox having the same issue I had this morning. Eutechnyx has released information in this thread below if you are having the same issue as I was: http://forums.nascarthegame.com/thre...216#post454216

Unfortunately for me it means I likely have to restart my career. I'm going to clear the cache first though and try as some on their forums have said it worked and they didnt need to reset.

All in all though, based on some of the other things I've read this morning restarting my career won't be that bad, because I likely won't want to play the game long enough to make me regret having to restart it, or to make me work hard to re-play it to get it where it was.

To be fair, alot of the issues some people seem to be having are the ones they addressed by saying restarting career should help solve. Except for the issue that seems common of people trying to pit to make adjustments twice during qualifying, then not being allowed to drive their car from the pits... Eutechnyx claims they are lookin into that. So, that may get fixed in 5 months time.

I'm going to try and clear up my issue in an hour on my lunch break and try and get a race in before i actually make a real judgement.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:28 PM   #5
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

I tried an offline daytime single race at daytona and it just hangs at the loading screen with the badge stats. Has done it twice in a row to me. It isn't frozen as the music plays & the loading icon keeps spinning. Seems like it's a bug. Has anyone experienced this with the game today after the patch? I have the PS3 version. Okay I just tried a dfferent track talladega & the same thing happens just hangs at the loading screen. Terrible.

Last edited by Stormyhog; 07-08-2014 at 01:35 PM. Reason: update
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2014, 01:51 PM   #6
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

I just raced 54 lapper at Kentucky with full qualifying and damage on, and had no issues. The AI raced fine, they pitted when they were supposed to - I literally had zero issues with this race now race(on PC)

A guy I know and was talking with, has the PS3 version. He had the hang-up issue and had to delete his previous saves and re-download the patch, and is no longer having issues. He basically did the same race at Kentucky, and felt it was much improved also, and had minimal issues. He also just sent me a text, and said that after 4 laps at The Glen, it raced the best it ever has.

Take this info as just our opinion, as I am sure there will plenty of other opinions that will be just the opposite of what we found.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:04 PM   #7
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
I just raced 54 lapper at Kentucky with full qualifying and damage on, and had no issues. The AI raced fine, they pitted when they were supposed to - I literally had zero issues with this race now race(on PC)

A guy I know and was talking with, has the PS3 version. He had the hang-up issue and had to delete his previous saves and re-download the patch, and is no longer having issues. He basically did the same race at Kentucky, and felt it was much improved also, and had minimal issues. He also just sent me a text, and said that after 4 laps at The Glen, it raced the best it ever has.

Take this info as just our opinion, as I am sure there will plenty of other opinions that will be just the opposite of what we found.
Okay I'll give that a try thanks.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:29 PM   #8
MVP

brandon27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
I tried an offline daytime single race at daytona and it just hangs at the loading screen with the badge stats. Has done it twice in a row to me. It isn't frozen as the music plays & the loading icon keeps spinning. Seems like it's a bug. Has anyone experienced this with the game today after the patch? I have the PS3 version. Okay I just tried a dfferent track talladega & the same thing happens just hangs at the loading screen. Terrible.

I had that issue too. Had to delete all of my game data, and start over. Really quite ridiculous actually. All my setups, all my paint schemes, upgrades and progress. GONE.

It's really got me to the point where I'll probably just go trade it in tomorrow. I can't be bothered to play the damn game right now having lost everything and needing to start over. I just don't have that kind of time.

I backed up my files to a USB stick, so I'm going to try and copy over my paint schemes file to see if they load. There's a progress file, and a game data file too. I'm going to try them one at a time to see if one of them has my setups and doesn't screw the whole thing up. I'm ok with starting the career progress over, I mean it sucks and all, but if I have to start all my setups and everything over too, then I'm likely done with the game, and Eutechnyx as a whole.... Unless the racing is far better. That's about the only thing that's going to make me want to re-invest all of that time.

Last edited by brandon27; 07-08-2014 at 02:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »