Home

NASCAR '14 Patch Has Finally Arrived

This is a discussion on NASCAR '14 Patch Has Finally Arrived within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2014, 02:57 PM   #9
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Can anyone tell if the AI drivers are less aggressive...or do they still railroad you in the corners?
Old 07-08-2014, 03:11 PM   #10
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Updated NASCAR '14 Patch News, Free Daytona 500 DLC Pack Arrives After Patch Rele

Man... sorry to hear that, Brandon. I never really invested any time in any of the modes only did single races a handful of times but didn't go much further since that mode was also broken.

I'm liking what I see thus far from this patch. Raced at Sonoma and had a good race against the full field of AIs. They raced clean and had my hands full just trying to keep pace.

Head's up: I'm hearing that qualify freezing is still present when you make changes and try to go back out.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:09 PM   #11
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Updated NASCAR '14 Patch News, Free Daytona 500 DLC Pack Arrives After Patch Rele

Yeah it sucks for some that had invested time into careers and paint schemes. I never got deep into anything just single races. I deleted my files and everything works fine now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2014, 05:35 PM   #12
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

If you are getting freezing while loading turn the music off. I saw some other guys they turned the music off and have had no problem. I always turn the music off and I haven't had an issue.

The problem I'm having is during qualifying when I pit for adjustments I can't go back out again.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:34 PM   #13
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NASCAR '14 Patch Has Finally Arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
Can anyone tell if the AI drivers are less aggressive...or do they still railroad you in the corners?
I would love to respond in detail, but the question is so subjective. I never had a problem with them prepatch, so I will just say they seem less aggressive than before, but probably better to get an answer from someone with the same perspective as yours bro -
Old 07-08-2014, 06:43 PM   #14
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

Yeah, that's one problem they DID seem to fix, even before this patch. They don't come up into you exiting turn 4 or plow into you heading into 1 or 3 very often. But like so many other things they did, they went too far--instead, you have AI drivers acting like they've never seen a car inside of them, freaking out and doing that 'wiggle bobble' move they do, sliding way up the track and heavily braking, making it absurdly easy to pass them. Simply get a nose under them and watch them have a seizure.

I'm more curious if that's been toned down.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:56 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 33
Positives: AI Drivers are Less Aggressive & Racing seems more realistic.

Negatives (So Far): Tried a Race at Martinsville. No problem with Practice/Qualifying but game crashes at start of race which requires a System Reboot. Restarted the Race 3 times with same result.
Lap Times for your Driver are not always shown on Results Screen for Practice/Qualifying Sessions.

I only do Single Races but I really feel sorry for those people who have had to Reset all their progress for this Patch to be effective.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2014, 07:29 PM   #16
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Had a feeling the careers would have to be restarted once the patch dropped which is why I never started one. Just did a couple single seasons and some single races.

Started my career and not really sure what to make of these results. For the Daytona 500 Reutimann won the pole and Mears won the race. At Phoenix I won the pole (55% AI difficulty, 20% length for 62 lap race, 2x fuel, 1x tire wear) while Ryan Truex was on the outside pole. Start of the race I pretty much immediately get knocked back to around mid pack and Truex (Ryan, not Martin) proceeds to lead the first 35 or so laps until he finally pits. He then regained the lead after Jimmie Johnson finally decided to pit on lap 61 of 62 so RYAN Truex won the race. So, in short AI cars are still running absurd amounts of laps without pitting and there may be an issue drivers that should have lower ratings being too good. Other than that, the racing itself was pretty good. I finished 28th and 26th in the 2 races I ran.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30

Last edited by BurghFan; 07-08-2014 at 10:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »