Home

NHL 15 Video and Screenshots - Next-Gen Hockey Player

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Video and Screenshots - Next-Gen Hockey Player within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2014, 04:51 PM   #25
Rookie

giantsharks's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 15 Gameplay Series: Next-Gen Hockey Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminallyOdd
There is no doubt I will be buying this and overall I think it looks really nice, but I can't help but complain a bit - it seems whenever a developer tries to incorporate cloth movement, it becomes this twitchy, paper-thin silky material that is constantly moving. That doesn't describe a hockey jersey.

The shot at around :35 with Karlsson skating towards the camera is brutal, especially since the voice over is talking about jersey physics at the time. A small section of his jersey is spazzing out while the rest is motionless. It just looks odd, especially since they're stressing all the work that has gone into making the models realistic.
I feel the same way. Trailer looks great but i swore it said gameplay series and this is more of the same stuff thats been released. Karlssons jersey looked really bad just fluttering on one side of the stomach really weirdly and right before that the bottom of dan girardis jersey is freaking out. Also at the start it looks like the bottom of crosby's jersey is blowing in 10mph winds and hes barely moving. I dont know, the trailer does excite me but how in the world do they not see this and if they do see it why do they bother putting that crap in the trailer?
Golden State Warriors

Last edited by giantsharks; 07-09-2014 at 04:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2014, 04:52 PM   #26
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsjetta12
I've been reading on the EA forums and people over there are complaining about a lack of gameplay. Just be thankful they gave us what they have so far. These videos are more to get you excited for the game then to show off gameplay. I for one am excited and can not wait.
If you've been playing this series for awhile ....you cannot help not to be disappointed with the gameplay. So if they are clamoring for the gameplay...that is because they like to see if there are changes done by EA in regards to gameplay. EA blows out other competitors when it comes to graphics. But if its still gameplay....no matter how brilliant is their graphics, IMO, it will still be a failure.

Going back to the video....good thing that there's an option of either going for the solo goal celebration and team celebration...what a relief! Next to gameplay...im really waiting whats in store for BaGM and Live a life.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:54 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nddurst
This is the part of the video that really bothers me. He's just staring at the puck, skating backwards while the attacker skates in for a shot. No defensive tactics on display whatsoever.
It's been like this since NHL '11. Sad but true....
Old 07-09-2014, 05:18 PM   #28
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Well you group celebration folks will be happy.

I was hoping for some gameplay, but I'm stoked for the game!
Old 07-09-2014, 05:22 PM   #29
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
The players look great. These faces look much better than the ones they've shown so far...but good lord, i hope they're spending the next few months focusing on the AI. The defensive pressure still looks to be non-existent.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:25 PM   #30
Rookie

pm83's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Well you group celebration folks will be happy.
Hopefully it will be 5-men instead of 3-men. Unfortunately video shows only 3-men group celebration.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:34 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
The players look great. These faces look much better than the ones they've shown so far...but good lord, i hope they're spending the next few months focusing on the AI. The defensive pressure still looks to be non-existent.
Bah! Who needs AI improvement when we have new cele's and flapping jersey. Life is good, now get out there and dangle!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2014, 06:01 PM   #32
Rookie

Yes AI, puck physics , more attributes and player/ team differences is what the series needs. 3 layer cloth technology is great and everything but if you don't have that graphics don't matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »