Home

NHL 15 Screenshots - New Faces in New Places

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Screenshots - New Faces in New Places within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2014, 01:09 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 15 Screenshots - New Faces in New Places

EA Sports has just released some more NHL 15 screenshots. These feature Paul Stastny (St. Louis Blues), Christian Ehrhoff (Pittsburgh Penguins), Ryan Miller (Vancouver Canucks), Thomas Vanek (Minnesota Wild) and Jarome Iginla (Colorado Avalanche).

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2014, 01:18 PM   #2
Banned

CelticHeart's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 15 Screenshots - New Faces in New Places

I wish that the jersey are work in progress and that the final result it's the jersey of paul statsny that look incredible well and different of other, the jersey of the stastny screenshots looks very real insted the others look cartoonish!
Old 07-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

In the picture with Stastny the crowd is looking completely in the wrong direction, when in real life they'd certainly be looking at the goal. With all the talk about realistic crowds in this year's game I hope this is just a fluke in this screen. MLB 14 has the same issue (crowds are always looking toward second base even when the play is at the plate etc).
Old 07-10-2014, 01:24 PM   #4
Rookie

N2J NY's Arena

OVR: 0

From which year is that Vanek face? 07 or 08?
Old 07-10-2014, 01:39 PM   #5
Rookie

wolfsjetta12's Arena

OVR: 1
Really like how they basically ripped off Eddie Lacks mask, put it on Miller. Yet Jimmy Howard is wearing a mask form NHL 07. Don't know why I'm surprised, Van. always gets and looks great. I wonder why LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2014, 02:40 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsjetta12
Really like how they basically ripped off Eddie Lacks mask, put it on Miller. Yet Jimmy Howard is wearing a mask form NHL 07. Don't know why I'm surprised, Van. always gets and looks great. I wonder why LOL
Any artists made mask they need permission from the artist themselves or risk lawsuits, its the same reason they won't have tats in madden this year except for specific players who had their tat artists sign a waver. After that NCAA lawsuit I don't blame EA or any publisher for being weary when it could mean a million dollar+ lawsuits over likeness in a videogame.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:42 PM   #7
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticHeart
I wish that the jersey are work in progress and that the final result it's the jersey of paul statsny that look incredible well and different of other, the jersey of the stastny screenshots looks very real insted the others look cartoonish!
way

I just like to attribute that to something else. I know when I go to a game, I try to follow the play as close as I can. However, sometimes you can't help but look at the bench, scoreboard, players, etc etc. I think it would look rather stupid if every single fan was watching the play. I do think EA should add some people holding their faces, on the edge of their seat, standing up holding arms or just some sort of emotional gesture if it's a close game and the opponent is in the other zone or a break away.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:53 PM   #8
Rookie

Mgbleu1986's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kguy
In the picture with Stastny the crowd is looking completely in the wrong direction, when in real life they'd certainly be looking at the goal. With all the talk about realistic crowds in this year's game I hope this is just a fluke in this screen. MLB 14 has the same issue (crowds are always looking toward second base even when the play is at the plate etc).
Hahah you are so right, I didn't even notice that. The only time the crowd would be looking away like that is if there was a fight about to break out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »