Home

NHL 15 Screenshots - American Airlines Center & Rogers Arena

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Screenshots - American Airlines Center & Rogers Arena within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2014, 05:26 PM   #25
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 15 Screenshots - American Airlines Center & Rogers Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
Budgets are streamlined because the costs of making games is completely out of control and it IS entitled to expect EA to come out and say "The bowls in the arenas are darker because we want it to play at 60FPS" That has nothing to do with marketing at all. There's a huge difference between the two.

No publisher is going to do that, NONE of them. Expecting them to hand deliver every design decision and why is a ridiculous request.
No designer would throw the system under the bus, but what you are saying is pure speculation. You cannot keep playing that card and simply win an argument by default because you cannot or will not be proven wrong because we cannot get a definitive answer. Maybe in your mind you can, but in reality the arenas are darker in the game than at their real life counterparts. No matter what reason you claim for that to be a result of it is just speculation.

And even with said speculation it begs the question "why was it done this way?" All that can be given to that is more speculation at this time. So, why not just let people say "hey, that arena is too dark for my taste" instead of getting all bent out of shape every time you see it? It is not ignorant on their part it is an opinion. It is not like people are buying a Kia and asking "where is all the horsepower they show on the commercial?". EA is touting being able to do things that have never been done before in a game and from what we have been shown they are doing them far below a standard that is of the highest quality that we have experienced elsewhere or have hoped for, or even have been promised by what is being touted here.

I don't understand why you are an EA apologist and jump on anyone that simply points out an opinion. I hate to see what might happen when the game drops and it would be complete garbage again in terms of gameplay. Because what would you say then? If it is your opinion that the game is good that is great for you. That is one thing, but you are making excuse after excuse for a lackluster product and it is growing old with the community here, like myself, that wishes to be heard in the small hope that this series can return to the glory that it once was or once was on par to become. I can see why you are former member that was once asked to no longer be a part of this community that had to come back under a different persona.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2014, 05:37 PM   #26
MVP

canucksss's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33

EA are the ones touting the 19,000 fans. They are the ones releasing these pics, and only these pics.
If EA keep on boasting about the effort that they put to give us 19,000 fans and yet release these kind of pics....where is the proof of their effort? You know, if EA stop stressing that they put an effort to give us these 19,000 fans we will not have this "bitching" around about the darkness of the nosebleed sections.

We need proof...if a claim has no substantial proofs then trash it.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:54 PM   #27
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morry83
Ohhh, get outta here. Have you even been to a Stars game recently?
Apparently he has not. Place was PACKED when I last went. Even in the upper deck.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 07-13-2014, 06:08 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
No designer would throw the system under the bus, but what you are saying is pure speculation. You cannot keep playing that card and simply win an argument by default because you cannot or will not be proven wrong because we cannot get a definitive answer. Maybe in your mind you can, but in reality the arenas are darker in the game than at their real life counterparts. No matter what reason you claim for that to be a result of it is just speculation.

And even with said speculation it begs the question "why was it done this way?" All that can be given to that is more speculation at this time. So, why not just let people say "hey, that arena is too dark for my taste" instead of getting all bent out of shape every time you see it? It is not ignorant on their part it is an opinion. It is not like people are buying a Kia and asking "where is all the horsepower they show on the commercial?". EA is touting being able to do things that have never been done before in a game and from what we have been shown they are doing them far below a standard that is of the highest quality that we have experienced elsewhere or have hoped for, or even have been promised by what is being touted here.

I don't understand why you are an EA apologist and jump on anyone that simply points out an opinion. I hate to see what might happen when the game drops and it would be complete garbage again in terms of gameplay. Because what would you say then? If it is your opinion that the game is good that is great for you. That is one thing, but you are making excuse after excuse for a lackluster product and it is growing old with the community here, like myself, that wishes to be heard in the small hope that this series can return to the glory that it once was or once was on par to become. I can see why you are former member that was once asked to no longer be a part of this community that had to come back under a different persona.
If you had come out and said "it's too dark for my taste" that would have been fine, and no one would have really cared. That hasn't been what people have said though. They've instead make snarky "Why are they trumping up new crowds when it's too dark to see the upper bowls?" That's not even remotely the same and I'm sure you know that.

I actually am not a former member. I'm a long time lurker who just got sick of the constant negative about everything in regards to this title. Constructive criticism is one thing, I think most developers welcome that sort of thing. OS in recent years has gone so far to the opposite end of the spectrum however it's comical that I could probably list off users by name who I know will go out of their way to be negative every year around this time in regards to NHL.

The Show guys trumped up 1000 different people in the stands as well, and then they retracted that and it became around 150 actual people in the stands and that the system in that case, the PS4 could theoretically do 1000. And to be honest? I am not sure on that. The Show already has noticeable chug often enough as it is, especially on screen swipes and presentation transitions. We're still very early in this console cycle, the optimizations and tricks developers often figure out will come to make games play a lot smoother, but we are no where near that point yet this early in.

Again this is where opinion differs, I don't think NHL is lackluster at all. It has smooth online play, online team play, HUT, a solid GM mode that certainly has it's issues but it's functional, single seasons, playoff modes, be a pro, hell it likely has just about more modes than any other sports title on the market. It's getting an entire presentation overhaul said to be on par with the pinnacle of sports game presentation in NBA2k as well. It got a very solid fluid skating engine last year that totally changed how the game plays and feels.

If that's considered lackluster either your standards for what you expect are through the roof and likely unrealistic for a yearly sports title that has 10 months on average to go from design to gold master.

So to me when people parade their little NHL 10.5 comments, or whatever, yes I eye roll, because it's a ridiculous statement to make.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:18 PM   #29
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
If you had come out and said "it's too dark for my taste" that would have been fine, and no one would have really cared. That hasn't been what people have said though. They've instead make snarky "Why are they trumping up new crowds when it's too dark to see the upper bowls?" That's not even remotely the same and I'm sure you know that.

I actually am not a former member. I'm a long time lurker who just got sick of the constant negative about everything in regards to this title. Constructive criticism is one thing, I think most developers welcome that sort of thing. OS in recent years has gone so far to the opposite end of the spectrum however it's comical that I could probably list off users by name who I know will go out of their way to be negative every year around this time in regards to NHL.

The Show guys trumped up 1000 different people in the stands as well, and then they retracted that and it became around 150 actual people in the stands and that the system in that case, the PS4 could theoretically do 1000. And to be honest? I am not sure on that. The Show already has noticeable chug often enough as it is, especially on screen swipes and presentation transitions. We're still very early in this console cycle, the optimizations and tricks developers often figure out will come to make games play a lot smoother, but we are no where near that point yet this early in.

Again this is where opinion differs, I don't think NHL is lackluster at all. It has smooth online play, online team play, HUT, a solid GM mode that certainly has it's issues but it's functional, single seasons, playoff modes, be a pro, hell it likely has just about more modes than any other sports title on the market. It's getting an entire presentation overhaul said to be on par with the pinnacle of sports game presentation in NBA2k as well. It got a very solid fluid skating engine last year that totally changed how the game plays and feels.

If that's considered lackluster either your standards for what you expect are through the roof and likely unrealistic for a yearly sports title that has 10 months on average to go from design to gold master.

So to me when people parade their little NHL 10.5 comments, or whatever, yes I eye roll, because it's a ridiculous statement to make.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-gameplay.html

Here is my reasoning behind why I feel most of everything you named there is lacking or behind where it needs to be for a video game in the year 2014.

And regardless of how people come across in getting their points and opinions on the table does matter and negativity is sometimes unjust and unwarranted but in EA's case, in particular with EA Vancouver, it may certainly be just in some people's minds. To a large portion of their consumers this game has come up short year after year since around 2010 after coming out of the gate flying on the "next gen" consoles.

Every game has its flaws, it is the ones that make the modes you speak of relatively unplayable, or at the very least unrealistic, that can ruin a game. The NHL series has become the poster child for this with its bastardization representation of the world's best game, in my mind.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:00 PM   #30
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
Everybody is speculating way to much. I know we have no gameplay to critique and everybody has the right but I will leave my criticism for a gameplay video if any. I am still pumped for the release really missing hockey know and for the first time in years more changes this go around more than any year. I did briefly play the show on my new ps4 and it was ok but I certainly don't see what all the fuss is about the game it was it's ok
Old 07-13-2014, 08:28 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
Apparently he has not. Place was PACKED when I last went. Even in the upper deck.
There's been so many jokes about our attendance after they released the screenshot. Just a bunch of people who have no idea what they're talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2014, 11:53 PM   #32
Banned

Solarstar11's Arena

I'm still waiting for the Tampa Bay Times Forum. It better be next week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »