Home

Madden NFL 15 Trailer - Tackling Mechanics

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Trailer - Tackling Mechanics within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2014, 05:47 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 15 Trailer - Tackling Mechanics

Check out the latest Madden NFL 15 trailer, featuring the new tackling mechanic and how it could change the way you play defense.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2014, 06:00 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: EA Sports Madden 15 Tackling Mechanic

Other than the difficulty settings for the tackle cone being enabled by default, I think this is mostly stuff we already know. I'm a little surprised that it's on by default on All-Pro, but it's no big deal since again it's optional.

It is nice to see all the new controls demonstrated, regardless.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:07 PM   #3
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

The animations actually looked good there, except those tackles where it's like a WWE shoulder charge. Those have got to go Tiburon. If you gonna have those power hits the defender has to go down as well. This ain't wrestling. I'm trying to believe they're taking the sim route, but leaving stuff like this in, it's hard to tell.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

Last edited by SageInfinite; 07-14-2014 at 06:48 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:13 PM   #4
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

That was a good video liked the tackles. I haven't played Madden in a while but wasn't the strafe button L2 before? If L2 now brings up the cone is strafing out of the game?
Old 07-14-2014, 06:20 PM   #5
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer - Tackling Mechanics

Not a fan of the over the top big hits. I get that it's "Madden" but you don't see those kinds of hits very often in the NFL. Guys are too scared to get fined. I prefer to see more wrap ups.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2014, 06:37 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
That was a good video liked the tackles. I haven't played Madden in a while but wasn't the strafe button L2 before? If L2 now brings up the cone is strafing out of the game?
I doubt it. L2 is the precision modifier as of last year, which allowed you to make several more effective moves as the ballcarrier. It sounds like L2 on defense will now make your player face the ballcarrier and the cone will appear and rotate to reflect that.

This wouldn't have any impact on passing plays, of course - I'm sure strafing would be exactly the same there.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:50 PM   #7
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I've never been and probably never will be a fan of the shoulder block tackle where the defensive player just dips his shoulder and doesn't even use his arms to tackle. Looks more like wwe than nfl.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:57 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Lighting and shadowing looks MUCH better...that was the first time I have really been wowed by just graphics for Madden - the earlier videos were nice, but this is on another level - hope that means the game is still progressing towards the gold pressing here in a few weeks. I know features are locked long ago and almost certainly gameplay is also locked down already, but lighting and shadowing and color balance can be tweaked still and it looks really nice...

I LIKED the QB vision cone, so I think (just guessing here) that may make me more accepting of the tackle cone right off the bat...I would actually like to see that concept expanded as a training tool - QBs should have the same kind of reduced cone, just showing the directions the QB's head would be turned. Madden tried the QB vision cone and it was loathed by many and died an ugly death inside of 2 years ('06/'07)...but I liked the concept then and still like it now. The tackle cone looks OK to me...not something I will use too much, but if it gets players to be more sound in the fundamentals of "football", then it increases the pool of acceptable online players - a bonus for all in my eyes. Many guys online simply have no idea HOW to play football and so they resort to crap playstyles and nonsense and then quit out of frustration or pique when it gets shut down...give them more tools to learn a more in-depth playstyle and maybe, just maybe it helps change the game...

The rest of the video seemed to have better flow in the motion (at least the clips looked better to me except for the few glaring exceptions that have been pointed out already)...I actually felt a little better about M15 after that first viewing, so I think I'll let that lie for now and wait on the demo now...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »