Home

MLB 14 The Show Video - 2014 All Star Game Simulation

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Video - 2014 All Star Game Simulation within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2014, 08:08 PM   #9
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 14 The Show Video - 2014 All Star Game Simulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Memory and priorities
Appreciate the response, and I realize graphics is more heavy intensive nowadays.

Is "memory" limitation still a foreseeable PS4 problem?

If priorities is not in the equation, how much memory would be needed to accomplish individual team uniforms? What about having some type of compromise to get it in (i.e. less graphic intensive crowds only during the all star game, compressed graphics in stadiums, etc.).

Wondering if the developers would be willing to do an alpha/beta test run all star individual team uniform gameplay footage for MLB15 or MLB16? If it's a frame rate issue, it may not be noticeable. Simply would like to see an attempt.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 07-14-2014, 09:18 PM   #10
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
Coo vid, now I want to play the Show, I'll have to jump on after this HR derby..
Old 07-14-2014, 10:18 PM   #11
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

OVR: 0
While I enjoy playing The Show, I feel Sony took very little risks, if any at all in bringing this game to the PS4. For the most part, it is a straight port from the PS3. Same cutscenes, same pitching, hitting, and fielding mechanics, same player models, same commentary, same game modes, and now the same lame excuse for not having a true All Star game experience with players wearing their own uniforms. Hell, they're still the only sports game period not to have name brand equipment and shoes. I know some of these may seem like small gripes, wasn't that the whole reason for moving to the next generation of game consoles in the first place .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 12:10 AM   #12
Pro

cubby blue's Arena

OVR: 2
Talking about extra innings. I just got through playing a 19 inning game. I was playing the brewers. I couldn't do nothing at the plate and when I got runners on, I would ground out or fly out. The Brewers couldn't do nothing either. I'be never been so frustrated in my life. The Brewers finally broke up the 1 to 1 tie in the top of the 19th with a base hit. Definitely the longest game I've ever played on mlb the show. That really sucks to lose on top of that. I finished with 10 hits as well as the Brewers. I hope I never have a game like that again.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:59 AM   #13
Rookie

B Easy's Arena

OVR: 3

Nice video. Todd Frazier with the MVP, I said to myself before I watched the video he would win it lol. He's one of my favorites to play with in The Show.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:22 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Nobody caught this line at the end of the blog post?

Quote:
Additionally, San Diego Studio is constantly working on improving your gameplay in MLB14 The Show. Therefore, we want you all to know that we continue to work on improving online stability. We have just completed a patch and are working to get it through final testing for public release. We plan to have more information soon.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:58 PM   #15
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Nobody caught this line at the end of the blog post?
Some people are oblivious. They just look for an excuse to blame someone else when they don't get their way or like what's in front of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 05:22 PM   #16
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
Too bad the ASG unis' or hats aren't like they are in real life. Oh well game is still awesome ha

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »