Home

Pharrell Williams to Curate NBA 2K15 Soundtrack - Official Cover Art Revealed

This is a discussion on Pharrell Williams to Curate NBA 2K15 Soundtrack - Official Cover Art Revealed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2014, 08:18 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Pharrell Williams to Curate NBA 2K15 Soundtrack - Official Cover Art Revealed

2K has announced Pharrell Williams will curate the soundtrack for NBA 2K15. The full soundtrack will be released later this summer. Billboard has stated songs from System of a Down and Strafe would be included and 2K confirmed it will be the largest soundtrack to date for the franchise.

Read the full press release below.

Grammy Award Winner Pharrell Williams to Curate NBAŽ 2K15 Soundtrack

Creative mogul and entertainment visionary to hand-select the most extensive and musically diverse soundtrack in NBA 2K history

2K today announced a new collaboration with internationally-renowned artist and producer Pharrell Williams to curate the most extensive and unique soundtrack compilation in NBA 2K franchise history for NBAŽ 2K15, the next installment of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*. The partnership brings together one of music’s most creative minds with one of the most successful entertainment properties of the last decade.

“It was a cool experience. I tried to curate songs that were diverse but yet still proved to be motivational to gamers,” said Pharrell. “It was important to me that the music complemented the on-court action of NBA basketball in NBA 2K15. I hope everyone enjoys it.”

A renowned visionary across music, fashion, and design, Pharrell has served as a pop-culture force since his days as a founding member of N.E.R.D and the Neptunes to his latest venture with multi-media creative collective i am OTHER. His work includes producing tracks for some of the biggest albums of the decade, such as Kendrick Lamar’s “Good Kid, M.A.A.D City” and Frank Ocean’s “Channel Orange,” as well as hit singles "Happy," “Blurred Lines” with Robin Thicke and “Get Lucky” with Daft Punk.

“Pharrell’s passion and reputation as a visionary producer and expertise from working with the NBA will be evident in the largest and most eclectic NBA 2K soundtrack ever,” said Alfie Brody, Vice President of Marketing for 2K. “We really listened to our fans’ feedback on how we could improve their experience from a music standpoint, and we’re confident Pharrell’s collaboration in NBA 2K15 will impress players as much as it’s impressed us.”

Pharrell’s soundtrack selections will be revealed later this summer. Follow @NBA2K on Twitter and use the hashtag #YourTimeHasCome for the latest NBA 2K15 news.

Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, NBA 2K15 is not yet rated by the ESRB. NBA 2K15 is scheduled for release on October 7 in North America, and on October 10 internationally for the PlayStationŽ3 and PlayStationŽ4 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft; and Windows PC.

Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 07-15-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 08:31 AM   #2
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2
Very cool indeed!
Old 07-15-2014, 08:31 AM   #3
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pharrell Williams to Curate NBA 2K15 Soundtrack - Official Cover Art Revealed

Cool I guess

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 07-15-2014, 08:36 AM   #4
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Pharrell Williams to Curate NBA 2K15 Soundtrack - Official Cover Art Revealed

Juuuuussttt When I though I heard the last of 'Cause I'm Happppyyy" lol
Old 07-15-2014, 08:39 AM   #5
Pro

Geolink's Arena

OVR: 4
Seriously had to look up the definition to curate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 08:55 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Fan or not Pharrell Williams puts in work and puts out good music for himself and ALOT of music artist. Nice choice 2K!
Old 07-15-2014, 09:05 AM   #7
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

I'll take it, Pharrell is awesome.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 07-15-2014, 09:08 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 19
good choice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »