Home

Pharrell Williams to Curate NBA 2K15 Soundtrack - Official Cover Art Revealed

This is a discussion on Pharrell Williams to Curate NBA 2K15 Soundtrack - Official Cover Art Revealed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2014, 10:03 AM   #17
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Why..........why......I don't get it. Hire a DJ who specifically does hip hop and basketball related music. I hate 2k14 soundtrack it's so not a basketball soundtrack, who wants pharrell on here, they feminizing the game.
You obviously don't know Pharrell's track record, let me give you a youtube assignment, view anything from the CLIPSE (Grindin)and Superthug from NORE. Then report back to me. I don't think the entire soundtrack will be like that but let's not act like Pharrell can bring heat, stop it.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:07 AM   #18
Rookie

gluecows's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Pharrell Williams to Curate NBA 2K15 Soundtrack - Official Cover Art Revealed

Happy about Pharell making the soundtrack and the fact that it will be the largest soundtrack to date but if "Happy" is a song in 2k I WILL stab myself in the ears with the 2k15 disc. I can't listen to that song anymore
From the challenges of constructing a roster and managing a professional sports team, to competing to be one of the best players in the world, your sports dreams are possible at www.SimSportsWorld.com
Old 07-15-2014, 10:09 AM   #19
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Pharrell Williams to Curate NBA 2K15 Soundtrack - Official Cover Art Revealed

Ah, this thread will be entertaining - it's early and hasn't disappointed so far

Personally I like the music choice; Pharrel's one of the more talented and respected young artists/producers out there. He's produced for quite a few artists across genres so I think the soundtrack will be pretty diverse.

The cover shot of Durant I'm okay with, but thought they could've used a better action shot - or perhaps something showing more emotion (this means they've removed player emotion from the game!!! /sarcasm). Not a big deal either way

As far as people dissing the soundtrack ALREADY - it's expected. 2K had Kurtis Blow's old school "Basketball" for 2K12 and there were people around here hating on that. Not much 2K can do to appease some people at this point

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

Last edited by spankdatazz22; 07-15-2014 at 10:12 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:18 AM   #20
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Ah, this thread will be entertaining - it's early and hasn't disappointed so far

Personally I like the music choice; Pharrel's one of the more talented and respected young artists
I wouldn't call him young, he's like 40.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk
Old 07-15-2014, 10:26 AM   #21
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
You obviously don't know Pharrell's track record, let me give you a youtube assignment, view anything from the CLIPSE (Grindin)and Superthug from NORE. Then report back to me. I don't think the entire soundtrack will be like that but let's not act like Pharrell can bring heat, stop it.
Come on man, you know pharrell will have no music like that on the soundtrack. They will be stupid pop music to reach a more global crowd instead of the hardcore fan, nba live soundtrack is great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 10:27 AM   #22
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Come on man, you know pharrell will have no music like that on the soundtrack. They will be stupid pop music to reach a more global crowd instead of the hardcore fan, nba live soundtrack is great.
Just like NBA 2k13 was pop?

I can almost guarantee that Grindin' in some capacity will be included. Whether it be the song or the instrumental.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:28 AM   #23
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
I wouldn't call him young, he's like 40.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk
Really!? Wow, didn't know. I didn't think he was in his mid-20's but didn't think he was 40 either. Oh well, he looks young - and young can be relative

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 07-15-2014, 10:29 AM   #24
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Ok, I won't hate. Just don't put "Happy" in there. Hope some Lupe is in there

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »