Home

NHL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - True Hockey Physics

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - True Hockey Physics within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2014, 01:34 PM   #17
Rookie

pm83's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 15 Trailer - True Hockey Physics

Puck physics look really good and lovin' collisions aswell. Can't wait to get into battles and scrambles in front of the net. However I just can't get over the fact that they show no love for the goalies. Seriously since 08 it's been a total nightmare...and yes I blame 2K8 for setting bar so high for the goalies.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:35 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Looks great, let's hope all of these improvements make it play better than last year. Now tell us about those game modes! Really hoping for an option to set season length in franchise unlike last year.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:21 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
This is exciting stuff, we actually got to see what looked like 2 seconds of real game play (00:27-00:29 I know, blink and you missed it) as opposed to what looks like cut scene pre programmed marketing hype BS.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:25 PM   #20
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

This has been the best of the "trailers" they've shown, but I wish they would just show us Rammer and someone sitting down playing a period uncut and at normal speed.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:31 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
This has been the best of the "trailers" they've shown, but I wish they would just show us Rammer and someone sitting down playing a period uncut and at normal speed.
They did that last year near release and I'm sure we'll get that again soon.
This is only the beginning - showcasing specific points in close-up and slow-mo video's.

I liked what I saw and I don't mind the hits being a bit over-the-top.

I'll do my best parrot impression again, but the thing I'm really hoping for is distinctive player and team types.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2014, 02:43 PM   #22
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

With all of the slowed down animation, I still didn't get a whole lot out of this. Just show someone playing a normal game, for Pete's sake.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:43 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0
Yes totally agree when they get team differences and individual player differences then I'll be happy and of course better goalies ala 2k8.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:04 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
I doubt it will be, People give EA too much credit when they lose and not enough when they win. You mean the same people that can't code AI to do something different can code exactly when a puck is going to jump over a stick? I doubt it. I'm as frustrated as anyone with this series, but sports games need things like this because it does mimic real life.

As far as the trailer goes, it is the best one yet. I'm interested in the game now. I've come to accept that goalies are going to be bad and movements bad, but if we can score realistic goals I'd be happy. I've been playing this series for so long that I always shoot top shelf because it goes in 75% more than anywhere else on the goalie. Hits are always going to be weird, especially in the first year of this cycle, but hitting is one area the sliders actually work.
Have you been reading up on this game? They have a physicist who worked on the hadron collider to puck physics. If there is someone to accomplish a feat like this. It would be this guy.

Not saying this is the end all be all to physics in video game but my expectations are extremely high.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »