Home

Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2014, 06:24 PM   #17

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Heh...I did a double take when I saw who responded to that CB. Welcome back! (I don't post that often anymore, so my apologies if I'm behind the curve on you reemergence).

Anyway, you may be right...although I'm hesitant to trust Madden AI with such concepts. As long as it all works without being cheap though, I guess it doesn't matter much. We'll see.
It's a fair concern.

It's not unrealistic for a DB to break before a ball is thrown in anticipation but with computer programming involved you never know.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:25 PM   #18
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Heh...I did a double take when I saw who responded to that CB. Welcome back! (I don't post that often anymore, so my apologies if I'm behind the curve on you reemergence).

Anyway, you may be right...although I'm hesitant to trust Madden AI with such concepts. As long as it all works without being cheap though, I guess it doesn't matter much. We'll see.
Thanks for the welcome!

I'm hesitant as well to give them the benefit of the doubt that the AI will work in a way that doesn't feel cheap/robotic/or "cheating".

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-17-2014, 06:28 PM   #19
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Am I wrong or were "disguised coverages" something that were supposedly added to the game a couple years ago? Maybe I have it mixed up here.

The video looks pretty good. Would like to know that "Coach Sense" has been improved too, in regards to CPU play calling and game management.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

Last edited by The JareBear; 07-17-2014 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:29 PM   #20
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

All in all not too bad considering wr/db interaction wasn't worked on much. The vid shows alot of aggressive db play, but the wrs attempts look half hearted still. That Jordy Nelson curl route was my least favorite. He leans back away from the ball and let's the db undercut him. He should attack the ball and lean into the pass. Not run back 5yards toward the line of scrimmage like they do now, but lean in and go after it.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:31 PM   #21
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Better pass rush, better coverage, reduced qb accuracy .... im excited. Now give me some franchise info already!

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 06:37 PM   #22
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Looked like classic mirroring to me and the animations look really bad..

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 07-17-2014, 06:38 PM   #23
Creative Director Madden

RexDEAFootball's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I'm wondering if they are trying to simulate a DB reading the QB's eyes, at least that is how I took it.

That line had me scratching my head as well.
Actually this came from Cortez Allen from the Pittsburgh Steelers and Stevenson Sylvester from the Buffalo Bills. We had both guys down here for a week working with us on coverage. They explained to us that in zone coverage, they break as soon as they see the QB locks his shoulder to throw. We scale break time by the zone coverage rating, so you will really only see this from 90+ rated zone coverage defenders.
Trust me we are well aware of psychic DB concerns and this will NOT be in the game.
Old 07-17-2014, 06:38 PM   #24
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It's a fair concern.

It's not unrealistic for a DB to break before a ball is thrown in anticipation but with computer programming involved you never know.
I agree. If that is indeed the concept (getting a good read/jump, so to speak), I'd think that would be better suited towards the play recognition rating or, better still, a separate trait related to DB aggressiveness to make it a risk/reward based system (i.e. a higher rated defender is more likely to make the right jump vs a lower rated guy).

Tying it towards the coverage rating itself (and making such reaction a product of higher rated defending) is what I'm concerned with since it would seem to eliminate the risk of making a bad jump and merely make such early reads the norm for high rated defenders).

Hopefully further details explain it better and can allay my concerns.

EDIT: This was posted while I was typing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDEAFootball
Actually this came from Cortez Allen from the Pittsburgh Steelers and Stevenson Sylvester from the Buffalo Bills. We had both guys down here for a week working with us on coverage. They explained to us that in zone coverage, they break as soon as they see the QB locks his shoulder to throw. We scale break time by the zone coverage rating, so you will really only see this from 90+ rated zone coverage defenders.
Trust me we are well aware of psychic DB concerns and this will NOT be in the game.
That sounds like a reasonable explanation. I'll be interested to see how it's executed, thanks!

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 07-17-2014 at 06:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »