Home

EA Sports UFC Currently on Sale For $39.99

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Currently on Sale For $39.99 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2014, 03:04 PM   #1
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1
EA Sports UFC Currently on Sale For $39.99

EA Sports UFC is currently on sale for $39.99 on both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, at Amazon. Just in case you missed it, check out the Operation Sports review here.

More news, screenshots and videos can be seen on the EA Sports UFC page.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 12:27 PM   #2
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC Currently on Sale For $39.99

For a Title out every 18 mths thats pretty telling. 20 price drop already
Old 07-17-2014, 01:16 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

It's not a price drop really. A price drop would be every retailer sells game at reduced priced. This is nothing more than a game going on sale, and by Amazon nonetheless, who is known for having good sales on games to get traffic.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-17-2014, 06:32 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
It's not a price drop really. A price drop would be every retailer sells game at reduced priced. This is nothing more than a game going on sale, and by Amazon nonetheless, who is known for having good sales on games to get traffic.
http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/ea-sports-ufc/111957
$39.99

http://www.amazon.com/UFC-PlayStatio...=operasport-20
$39.99

You do have a point that when it's a price drop, every retailer has to reduce the price. But lets be realistic here, you think Amazon or Gamestop is going to have Destiny (XB1/PS4) for $39.99 after one month of being released? Highly doubt that...

The game is not doing so well and it sucks but we need to accept that (hence that 6-7 people that are always viewing this section of the forum). The worst part about this is we have to way 2 years for another UFC game.

Last edited by Toma; 07-17-2014 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:17 PM   #5
Nak Muay

pslieber's Arena

OVR: 5
I know I'm of the minority...but I love this game. It's a great buy @ $40 (I paid full retail)...only if you're willing to spend the time learning its very complicated nuances. I'm still struggling!

Disclaimer: I've been doing semi-competitive Muay Thai for 5 years, and this game is ridiculously authentic (I can only speak in terms of striking/clinch). The button layout is abysmal, but I'm shocked at how many hidden gems there are in transitions (i.e. throws from overhand clinch guard), likewise pacing rewards/penalties (where timing of counterstrikes is significantly rewarded, parry mechanics).

Don't flame me, please!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 10:55 PM   #6
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

OVR: 0

Im not flaming you. But calling this game ridiculously authentic in any aspect us way off imo. Not often in real life do I consistently see someone fire off 8 mt knees at the speed of light. Its an arcade game unfortunately. If youre enjoying it all that matters. Im trying to get into offline but the computer makes the spammers online look like patient fighters.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:23 PM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma
http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/ea-sports-ufc/111957
$39.99

http://www.amazon.com/UFC-PlayStatio...=operasport-20
$39.99

You do have a point that when it's a price drop, every retailer has to reduce the price. But lets be realistic here, you think Amazon or Gamestop is going to have Destiny (XB1/PS4) for $39.99 after one month of being released? Highly doubt that...

The game is not doing so well and it sucks but we need to accept that (hence that 6-7 people that are always viewing this section of the forum). The worst part about this is we have to way 2 years for another UFC game.
Gamestop has it for $40? I didn't know that. i still have it preordered and haven't picked it up yet, so may have to stop by tomorrow from work and get it!

No, they may not, but again its a bit misleading to state that since two stores have the game for $40 right now equates that the game is poor. (Granted I havent' played it so I can't give an opinion on its quality)

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-18-2014, 03:12 AM   #8
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Whether you think the game is poor or not....this game, much like their World Cup game didn't sell as well as EA was hoping for.

World Cup sold 370,000 both PS3 and 360 combined

This UFC game sold 460,000 copies PS4 and Xbox One combined

But hey, it still outsold NBA Live 14, which to date only sold 160,000 copies PS4 and Xbox One combined.

And for those who are wondering, UFC Undisputed 3 sold 517,351 copies within it's 1st month of release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »