Home

Madden NFL 15 Ratings Release Monday, Watch Rookies React After Hearing Their Rating

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Ratings Release Monday, Watch Rookies React After Hearing Their Rating within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #9
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 15 Ratings Release Monday, Watch Rookies React After Hearing Their Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
What EA needs to do is take the "it is what it is" approach. Rate players how they are without getting the marketing department involved. When I had my job interview with EA for Donny's position in 2011, two things were made very apparent:

1. The devs are hamstrung by the marketing team when it comes to ratings, preventing them from rating players accurately.

2. They know their system is severely flawed, and were seeking outside opinion.

3. They are more interested in publicity than making a great game.

I could not live with myself working under those conditions and sacrifice all the work I have put into FBG Ratings to only have them perverted by people who care more about selling video games than attempting to depict reality.
I feel like this is why they gave us hot and cold streaks and consistency ratings. They can't rate him low but give him 0 consistency and they won't play up to their ratings very often.

I get that Marketing drives a.lot of what they do But it would seem like eternally they could give more disparity between ratings. Visually we see two guys who are a point overall different. But under the hood it equals two or three. I would think everybody wins.

Option 3 would be having sliders similar to speed threshold where a greater number made the attributes more apparent or less apparent. One end could be arcade where all the ratings play close together and SIM where you could actually tell a difference between having 90 awareness qb and 89 awareness qb.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:29 PM   #10
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Madden NFL 15 Ratings Release Monday, Watch Rookies React After Hearing Their Rat

Having played games in Madden 25 with Dan's player rating methodology (I believe his current ratings are set for his "true mean" system, correct me if I'm wrong) I feel like his re-ratings do offer a more measured and more strategic game within the confines of the game Madden offers. I have come to prefer them to the default ratings set.
Old 07-19-2014, 02:14 PM   #11
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
lmao did manziel say its gonna be hard to throw with that kinda accuracy? Donny musta gave him some low TA's then.
I doubt it is that low, I guess we will see though.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2014, 02:57 PM   #12
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I doubt it is that low, I guess we will see though.
85 is considered low compared to most other qbs So that's subjective I'm sure.
Old 07-19-2014, 03:05 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

I suspect the full ratings won't be posted to stop this happening again:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...box-360-a.html
Old 07-19-2014, 03:40 PM   #14
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Having played games in Madden 25 with Dan's player rating methodology (I believe his current ratings are set for his "true mean" system, correct me if I'm wrong) I feel like his re-ratings do offer a more measured and more strategic game within the confines of the game Madden offers. I have come to prefer them to the default ratings set.
Correct, right now everything is set to True Mean. That means that instead of using a high and low point only and then using linear regression, there is a third point added at the population mean. For example, a QB's THP ranges from 99 to 70 in our system. The average is 84. So we set the maximum grade (5.0) to 99, the minimum grade (1.0) to 70, and the average grade (2.5) to 84. Create a nice polynomial curve and you have a regression that covers all QBs based on their scouting grades.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 07-19-2014, 04:01 PM   #15
Rookie

William85's Arena

OVR: 0

Clowney 85
Bortles 79
Manziel 78
Bridgewater 78
Watkins 83
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2014, 04:10 PM   #16
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

In my humble opinion the default ratings and the weekly updates from Moore are maybe the least realistic part of Madden. EA just doesn't take a good approach to ratings and it shows when you can use a re-rated roster from OS that literally makes the game better, improves the experience, makes sliders more effective, shows off more animations, more varied outcomes.

Hardest part will be for me to wait for a good OS roster before starting my CFM.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »